$20 pipe, what should I get?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by BCGanja, Apr 11, 2011.

1. k, I have no piece.
    Iv been using apples for like a month:mad:
    I just got 20 bones, and iv decided to not buy a 20 bag, and instead buy a glass piece.
    What do you fellow potheads recommend I buy?

2. go to headshop, even though you only 20 bills you will be able to get something cool and that you will love,but nothing crazy cool

3. lol theres a dollar store like 4 blocks away from my school that has some great priced pieces.my friend got a gas mask for $30, a couple pieces for like $12 each, and i got my bong there for $20!!! best descision i ever made lol. its like a foot, but its rad. haha that same time dude gave me a nice grinder worth 8.99 for FREE lol.

my bad, im gong-showed.

4. The headshop here has a section of imported glass that is 50% off the already low prices they carry. Like $10 for some pretty neat little pieces. I would check your local headshop for similar deals. There's usually some cool things in there for good prices.

5. Go to gas stations for cheaper, but still of some quality, pieces.

Headshops will have top quality pieces of glass so they will be somewhat over priced. To try and put it into example, a 15 dollar sized pipe might run 20/25 at a headshop.

When it comes to just a personal pipe of some, some spoon or something, I like to shop around gas stations for the best pipe in my price range. You can usually find a good enough one if you've got some straight places around you.

Look for a peice with a good sized bowl (the hole at the bottom of the bowl shouldn't be too big or too small), thicker glass-- the thicker the better, and good airflow.

Colour is all up to personal preference. I hate a sick looking bowl that has really crappy features. I find its always worth it to get a bowl based on its quality, and not looks. Or find a balance of the two.

Thats just about everything I could ever tell anyone about getting a pipe.

6. Exactly,
    go to a head shop.

It seems like the toking tools section used to be filled with new glass pick ups.

Now its filled with " what do i buy?" threads. Buy what you wan't guys..

7. Headshop pieces are good and all, but it seems like a lot of the people who are in this situation aren't in a spot where they can shell over extra bucks for the quality made glass. (higschoolers)

I usually go to a gas station with a good selection, and haggle em down a bit for a great deal. I'd hold off on buying from a headshop unless your investing in a larger piece (bong, steamroller, somethin nice)