20 gallon sungrown

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by classicorganic, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Just sharing along my 20 gallon girls we have out on the patio this season. All organic amended soil, compost tea, knf techniques. Strain is kimbo kush from exotic genetix all five are from clones we took off of the mother we kept around. Please fellas feel free to share along any of your 20 gallon experiences yields, strains and techniques. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Plants are looking beautiful. I have been growing for over 7 years and once use 20 gallons pots outdoors. I found that they will produce plants with anywhere from 1/4- 1+lbs for finished product. I found that in the Cali heat that the pots were a bit undersized and required at time watering twice a day. I also found myself feeding them nutrients more often as the amount of soil limited the amount of nutrients in the soil. I have since moved to nothing smaller than 45 gallons. I'm sure you will do fine with yours as it's already late into the grow season and flowering is just around the corner.

As for the cages you built. I use the same type of fencing for my cage and I cut some and use it to enclose the top of the cage. This way it provide support when the branches grow taller. The support helps when the branches are covered in flowers and are much heavier.

Is there a reason you keep them on the concrete? I suggest moving them to the grass. The concrete gets over 100 degrees during the day and is cooking the soil and the plants roots. Putting them on the grass will help keep them cooler and allows the plants to root through the bottom of the pot and into the soil. This will only benefit your plants and should increase your yield drastically. Besides this few changes you are on the road to success. If you have any questions, hit me up. Here's a link to my outdoor grow if you want to check it out. It will give you some idea of what's possible.
    Kronicly Insane's 2017 Outdoor gardens.

Kronicly Insane's 2017 Outdoor gardens.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Northern Indiana here and my best was about a pound in a 20 gallon pot I made from a round garbage bin and I guerilla grow, the strain was Blue Widow i use 65 gallon smart pots now but 20 gallon worked for me for years.

KIMG0139.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for chiming in with all that info a pound a piece would be hella radd! I would love to do a 45 gallon or plus maybe next season for me. As for the concrete were renting the home we're at and been having second thoughts on ruining the yard for deposit concerns I just might really have to move them over onto it anyways heck if it's gonna help with yields I might break the rules lol Are you in socal? we are located in the Bay Area. Totally going to make some lids on the cages that's a great idea didn't actually ever consider that.

5. Wow 65 gallons sounds like fun. How do you like growing guerilla? I lived in a non cannabis friendly state at one point and really considered getting one together I bet the adrenaline is kick ass I get exited just stepping out the back sliding door to take a look I'd only imagine the anticipation of seeing your ladies and having them tucked away somewhere is great feeling

6. Or you could just put the pots on top of some wooden pallets if you can get them for free maybe craigslist. Solves both your problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. very nice OP. if you ever decide to move them onto the grass, try to see if its possible to cut the bottom out so that it can grow into the ground. the feeder roots on top are the ones supplying most of the nutes so dont worry about it messing up your plant. itll just grow bigger and fuller. cut out a piece of chicken cage mesh and place it under the pot to protect you from gophers if you have any in area. happy growing!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Excellent info

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm in NorCal. Between the Bay Area and Sacramento. Depending on what part of the Bay you are in we might be neighbors. Glad I could be a help to you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. No need to cut the bottoms. The root will grow through them without problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I have actually noticed this too. Thought I bought cheap bags hehe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey my man Im in concord it would be nice to meet up and give you some clones of this

13. That would be cool. Maybe we can meet in Fairfield or Vacaville sometime. In the next week or so I plan to take some clones from my plants so maybe once they are rooted we can hook up.

14. Howzit 20 Gallon grower! Here's my two girls grown from seeds sprouted May 29.

Ace Panama
    [​IMG]
    Spanish Seeds NLxChronic
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk