$20 DIY Air Cooled Hood

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by fonzi03, Oct 10, 2010.

1. not too sure if it gives off any toxins....but the air is being extracted so i think that would help....i would immagine the duct sealant wouldnt bc its used for air we breath.

and ahaha i didnt use that thing except for pouring out excess water lol the whole bathroom was for the ladies :D

2. S w e e e e e e e e e t ! ! ! ! !

Total genius dude ..... I was almost cheering as I went through
    the pics. Good description too. You nailed this .... a perfect "10"

3. haha thanks alot man....def helps save on money and works just as good lol

4. Cool man thanks +rep again..
    Although I have one more question, how did you manage to get your fixture in there airtight? Or does it not have to be?

5. doesnt reallly have to be unless your using co2 but i used high temp silicon you wouldnt even need that though could prob just use regular silicon.

6. I used regular silicon works great. I personally was more worried about the foam being flammable under a lot of heat.

7. That would be about the worst thing that could happen...but with two fans on em they dont really get that hot

8. Cool man +rep!
    Do you know if this could be used without a cooltube?

9. yeah i have my metal halide in one without the cooltube....but for my hps the cooltube was the best mount for it so i just kept it in it

10. nice hood bro :D

11. Great post man. Im thinking of tring it out on my 250 hps. Whats a glass bra? Also did you use the glass sheet as well?

12. I had a question too. I'm just finishing my own CFL Reflector and am trying to figure out how to mount the light to it... How did you do your setup???

13. nice simple plan!