20,000k Fluorescent Bulbs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ansett, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Hello all,
    My first post so bear with me. I have some 40wt 20,000k Fluorescent Bulbs, Actinic 03 bulbs(7100k) and T-5 HO 54wt 12,000k actinic bulbs that I use for saltwater corals and freshwater plants. These bulbs emit the blue spectrum and are designed to pentrate deeper fish tanks. Would these work for veg? Can you have to many kelvins? I want to go with floros or cfls due to limted space and keep the electric bill down. Looking at dividing a 8x4x5 space for veg and flowing using scrog method. Still trying to determime what type of light to use for flowering, looking at cfls in the 2700k range.

Thanks!

2. From my research...on this site ;) for veg you want at least 6,500k. I don't know what the 12,000k range is but I'm gonna guess that's more than suficent for veg...plus you have multiple bulbs so thats more light.

Yah 2,700k cfl's for flowering are good. I'm using 5 GE 23W 2,7000K cfl's for my plant, when she's not out in the sun soaking up natural sunlight....like today......fuckin clouds. Anyway you can get em from any store that sells lights really. I believe the lights in the 2,700k range are called the "soft white" ones so any soft white cfl should do.

3. Thanks. I wasn't sure if having too many kelvins would damage the plants. From my understanding, the higher the kelvins more blue range you get and that is what plants need for photosynthesis.

4. Nah if the sun wont damage the plant light's won't. Light damage is caused by heat, I don't think there is such a thing as too much light. Let us know how your grow goes.

5. I will thanks

6. Did you end up using the 20,000k flourescents? I'm looking at picking up the same thing and have been looking at 6500k & 10,000k until I stumbled on these 20,000k for aquariums... I have a gut instinct its good for the plant but I cant find any evidence to prove it? 20,000k? Do you have any links to kelvins and their affect on Cannabis? Someone needs to do a study or experiment with these lights... does the higher Kelvin amount increase potency?