2 x 4 Grow tent light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Morgan92, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Hey I set up a 2 x 4 grow tent. I plan to grow between 2 and 4 plants. I bought a phlizon 600 w led (actual wattage 108 w). I'm thinking about adding another light to up the wattage and PAR out put because I feel this light is lacking. I'm looking at another phlizon, viperspectre, Mars hydro or vivosun. Any suggestion on wattage, brand and pars based on my set up?

2. What’s your budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Was hoping to spend between 150 and 250 canadian

4. I’d look into quantum boards. From horticulture lighting group.
    Or something similar.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Get the 4 pack of HLG 120 boards and a driver, no heat sink needed, for around 200 USD before shipping, you'll have perfect coverage and ALOT of light in your 2x4. The driver is linked in on hlgs page. QB120 V2 Quantum Boards

6. I was thinking the same thing... but I fell in love with my 96elites over my 120’s but it doesn’t seem to be in the budget. Either the 120’s or the 132’s would work well maybe even the 288’s

7. I don't think that the 96 would be a good choice for a 4x2.

You could drop the 120s 6" from the canopy across the whole tent and get perfect coverage. More efficient use of initial investment and electricity.

8. Depends on the height of the tent. And how tall the plants get. If I was In a 2x4 that was shorter with 96’s I’d
    Scrog the shit out of it.

9. But wouldn't the PPFD be to high in the center? Or you'd waste energy having to run it from higher above the canopy to get even coverage? I feel like a scrog with 4 120s would be perfect coverage, 6" above canopy I'm almost sure you'd be over 1000 ppfd across the whole canopy if it was scroged across the whole 2x4