2 weeks with no attention?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pimpygrub, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Is it possible for me to leave my plant for 2 weeks without any attention inside of a grow box? My job takes me away for half the month every month. I have the watering system planned and already installed..I am just worried about the plants growing into the light. What if I took a glass panel and hung it above the plants before I left to keep the plants from growing to close..would that work? any ideas?

2. I suppose the glass would work, but it just doesn't sound like a good idea to me for some reason.

I just don't think you are in a position to be able to grow. 2 weeks is a long time to not check on your plants at all.

Hope you find a solution.

Good luck.

3. Rig up a string so that it pulls your lights up the taller your plant gets :)

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

4. hmmmm..isnt there someway you can stunt there growing.liek put them in a sleep.then you woudlnt need as much nutrients/light and you dont need to worry abotu water cause you have that all handled.haha im stupid: /

5. #5 pimpygrub, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2008

Any ideas on how to go about doing that? I'll try to work it out but I'm not real sure I will be able to figure that out.

Edit: Do you think I would be able to go straight to flowering? The plants would have extremely small amount of yield but they wouldnt get tall at all (anyone have pics?), or just veg for the 2 weeks I'm home and go straight to flowering the day I leave. What do you think? I could veg for 2 weeks and then switch to 12/12 the day I leave and move the light up too far for them to grow in 2 weeks. ??? Plus if I did this I could grow a lot more plants since they wouldnt get big at all...

6. have u tryed to lolypop them jsut cut the top off

7. lolypop them? What do you mean cut the top off? I still don't think that cutting the top off would keep them from growing into the light. How much "Top" are you talking about?

What about straight into flowering? I would get alot less yield but I should be able to do more plants this way right? I'm growing for myself so amount is not really too much of an issue since I smoke so little.

8. when u go to 12/12, the plant will stretch a bunch the first couple weeks. thats why its called "the stretch":)

i like ur glass barrier idea. it would work kinda like a scrog by making the plant spread out under the glass...but make sure there is a fan in there under the glass

9. Well, the glass barrier wouldnt completely cover it I don't think..just most of it and hae the glass hoisted up by chains or something. or just drill some holes in the glass and make it a shelf that fits into a notch kinda to keep it from getting picked up. That way there is no need for a seperate fan..the air would still flow through the holes and the glass would help keep some of the heat off bottom anyway. right?

10. how do u drill holes in glass?

11. You goto lowes and buy a glass drill bit (its made of carbide for drilling through glass...not made of glass ;)) and you get a hose and run water over the area you're going to be drilling and commence to drilling..easily. I have never one it but I have googled it just now..lol

12. doesnt seem like a useful process. as long as a fan is blowing across the plant, and the glass keeps it from touching the light, ur good, i think

13. Well, I have the exhaust fan on top..seems to suck real good. I just don't want the glass to cut the fan off from the bottom segment..good air flow, ya know? Plus there is a timed watering system installed and I dont want the humidity to collect on the glass, I imagine that ould cut down on alot of the light passing through. Instead of holes though I may just get small pieces of glass and space them out a little just enough to let air pass but not plants. know what I mean?

14. Ok, if I switch the light down to 14/10 while I'm gone, that would also slow down the growth drastically right? I have read that anything under 14 hours will cause it to start flowering..