2 weeks to go max - r these buds screwed?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Jonboy, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Firtst time grower. These are pics just taken of the top buds on one of my 3 girls (lower bubs are fine). I am now only using plain water on them but gradually over the last 2 weeks or so many of the leaves have become very dry, brittle and yellow and just crumble when you touch them. Even the green leaves are very dry. At first I thought it was light burn so I moved them to at least 2 feet from the light but the problem is getting worse. I water them every 2 or 3 days, no nutes and am worried that the end product will be useless if this carries on. Can anyone diagnose the problem, if there is one, so close to harvest it would kill me if it all went 'tits-up'! Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. you are experiencing a phosphorus def in the bud cycle, with only 2 weeks left I wouldnt address the problem, it may affect the taste of the buds.

the plant is feeding on itself to produce the buds, you have enough healthy fan leaves left on the plant to finish out.

To rule out PH related issues complete a soil runoff PH test.......
    with PH corrected water (6.5-6.8PH ) pour enough water in the pots so the water runs out the bottom of the pot ...test the PH of this water....
    If the PH reading is out of optimum range 6.5-6.8 PH, you need to flush your plant.
    Flush with PH corrected water, till in optimum PH range, 3 times the volume of the pots rule of thumb but may require more
    EG: 1 gal pot = 3 gal. flush

Its time for your final flush anyways

3. Thanks GG, this isn't the first time you've helped me on my first grow. I don't know what I need to do a Ph test and where in the UK to get the equipment. Any help?

4. PH test kits (chemical type ) are availble at any pet shop or swimming pool supply

better, yet are the PH meters, available at hydro shops pool supply and ebay
    http://search.ebay.com/ph-meter_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40

keep in mind ....with PH meters you get what you pay for...I have a $50 PH pen that compared to this new $130.00 one ....isnt even close ...... Blue Labs PH Truncheon
    I didnt mind spending the $130.00 for a PH meter as I regard PH the single most important factor to Container Growing

you will also need ph correcting solutions PHup & PHdown also available at hydro shops or online , again ebay

Attached Files:

5. Brilliant. Thankyou.

6. ur fucked....2 weeks to go...must have not been expecting a goon harvest

7. What's a goon harvest?