2 weeks old and only 1 inch tall...

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Rezerg, Nov 17, 2017.

1. WP_20171116_16_33_14_Raw_LI.jpg

lol just some LST no need to worry folks

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. whats up with the thermometer saying 138 for the high lol

3. lol probably when I had it near a few cfl's laid down for a bit while I was setting up the tent. Same with the humidity probably from sprayin on it. I don't have to care too much about the maxes as its not too humid or hot here bein winter without snow.

Has about 8 tops not counting the main cola so far. I'm thinkin she's gonna be a beast of an auto. I lost the label for her so I'm not sure, but she IS def an auto. A free seed I got about 5 years ago.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Here is a better angle.

WP_20171116_16_33_05_Raw_LI__highres.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. bout to say...thats a perfect medium rare steak but dunno how your lettuce is looking that good getting up there lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hahaha yeah. I check on these babies too much to need to worry about anything but the current temps and stuff. I'm trying to see just how far LST only will go. I'm keeping everything growing apart while manipulating the stretch with my grow lights. Using a 300 watt LED and a seperate 100 watt LED both full spectrum.

When ever I think I'm starting to run out of room, I push the light back a bit so the plants will stretch. What I'm hoping for is a plant that by the time of harvest will look sort of like an upside down spider. With plenty light penetration.

I'm u sing fox farms ocean / coco and perlite at equal mixes. I'm using general hydroponics nutes because I have a ton of it left and need to get rid of it. I'm also adding phosphorus and B1 throughout flower. As for the amount of each, I eyeball it. As long as the colors are good, I up them every other feeding.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. little more stretching

Tied all the tops down too to promote stretch in different directions. So far, still layin on the ground nicely.

WP_20171118_14_56_32_Raw_LI.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Those other ones in the sides of the pic are NL x Big bud and Blue Dream. I'm not sure what this one is. I lost the tag to it. She's a grower though. Her stalks are getting thick from all the LST and she has so many tops already that it's insane.

The NL x BB auto accidentally topped itself. I'll grab pics later of it. The BD just got planted 4 days ago ish. I'm gonna let it grow normal, this one gets LST and the NL is gonna be topped and we'll see how well they grow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Pics inc soon after I get my new light set up. The NL x BB is doing great for accidentally being topped. She is taking an insane amount of time to finish though. I think she started sep 15 and she's suposed to be a 60 day finish. The topping really slowed down her growth. I can already estimate a pretty low yield. About 2-3o's tops. She is frosty as hell though.

The one this journal is about is doing great, but will be doing a lot better when the new 1800w light gets here. She is all tops. They are going to be huge. She's the LST'd girl.

Lastly, we're going to have updates of the newest recruit which is also an auto. You can see her in the last pic barely as a sprout. She's a bit older now and starting to want more light. I'm going to let her grow natural and then compare the three. One was topped, one was LST'd and one was left alone. They arent the same strains but it will still be a nice experiment.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. #10 Rezerg, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    WP_20171128_15_13_34_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20171128_15_13_42_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20171128_15_14_38_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20171128_15_14_53_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20171128_15_15_30_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20171128_15_15_46_Raw_LI.jpg Here they are guys. What we have here is the main plant which is now starting to flower, the new blue dream auto and the oldest one NL x Big bug that accidentally got topped during the first week of flower.

THEN we have the new light. 1800w (300 actual) full spectrum. The cobs arent exactly amazingly efficient ( 65.8lumen per watt), but it is freakin bright. In a year or so, I'll probably be switching out the cobs and drivers with cree and meanwell but until then, this will do nicely. The picture doesnt really capture how bright it is.

I measured it out until I got around 40k lux at the mid of the NLxBB and about 50k-70k on the main girl. The seedling is getting about 25k. My light meter isnt completely accurate for LED's, but it is more accurate than most so the lux is at most only off by about 5k which I take into consideration.

Before the light came, I was using a 600w LED (100 actual I think) and keeping it pretty high as to get girl #2 (that's what I'll call her since I lost her strain tag) to get some stretch. As you can see from last pic to this pic, she's done just that. Almost every branch on her has turned into a nice cola and each has enough room so that I don't even need to think about defoliating as the main fan leaves are all LST'd to where I need them for optimal growth. I'll be doin this better as they grow bigger but for now it's workin great.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. The closeups of the bud has some gold and purple colors going on it. There are no nute def with it. I have been letting the night time temp get to about 65 degrees and before the new light got here, I was putting the 600w LED about 6 inches away so it started to bleach just a little. I did this in order to stress it as much as possible to get more resin production. As you can see... It's workin. I wont need to do that now though as this light has enough power to provide just what I need.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. So first night under the new light and wow, My LST'd girl grew about 3 inches no kidding. She's the same size as her older sister now, but with a lot more bud sites. She is going to have a huge yield.

I also switched out the fan with a little vornado one. It pushes about 4 times the amount of air through and it shows. They are loving it. I'm keeping my room at 68-72 degrees currently. It's just enough to get some purple on the flowers without hurting the ones still in veg.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. #13 Rezerg, Nov 30, 2017
    WP_20171130_11_24_47_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20171130_11_24_59_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20171130_11_25_16_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20171130_11_25_46_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20171130_11_26_04_Raw_LI.jpg I took a picture of the trichs on my oldest one. It's about 15% red, 20% cloudy and 65% clear still. It's taking so long to finish. I wish it wasnt accidentally topped. Took so much yield from it.

Girl #2 has done just what I wanted. By placing the lights higher up, I got her to stretch to put some space between her tops. One pic you can see how much stretch there was in the last two days and the top down view is of all the tops. Remember, She's an auto that was only LST'd and not topped. Almost every single branch on her is a top now.

the Blue Dream auto (youngest) as you can see is doing really well. I just fed all of them a tea brewed with some pot ash, rooting solution and sea bird guano. This is a general formula I use throughout the entire growth cycle. It helps nutes be taken up much better by the roots and of course promotes fast growth.

I've had zero nute burn as of yet. Now that the plant has stretched adequately, I've put the lights back down to about 2ft from the canopy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. So I got into the plants today and put a late LST on the big NLxBB. I did it to expose as much light as possible to the lower branches fattening up. She's finishing real slow so the top is gettin red before the bottom and I dont want a bunch of unfinished nugs. Opened her up a bunch and found a ton of extra crystals. My hands came out stickin together.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Just ordered some co2 bags to throw in to max the yeilds now that i have enough light to push it. Just got a new camera as well. Waiting for the SD card so I can post more pics.

Everything is doing great. Girl #2 is taller than her topped predecessor and the blue dream auto is catching up like a xmas tree so far. NL x BB is starting to get amber trichs but a lot of clear still. Topping has made the finish super slow. They're starting to fatten up now. I think my guestimate of 2oz is going to be pretty right on so far. The other non topped autos are already on the way to producing MUCH more.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. #16 Rezerg, Dec 7, 2017
    WP_20171206_18_27_58_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20171206_18_28_23_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20171206_18_29_48_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20171206_18_30_03_Raw_LI.jpg Here are the updates! As you can see, the seedling is doing its christmas tree thing, the eldest is about finished and the LST'd one.... is starting to flower and it has a ton of tops. It's going to be a good yield for that one.

The accidentally topped one that should have been a monster isnt gonna be that good of a yield unfortunately.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Just added a Co2 bag hanging over the plants. It set it up so the exhaust runs out the top and new air circulates through the bottom with a fan. It circulates the air pretty slowly. When I get my dehumidifier, I'll be sealing up the room but for now, this will keep enough Co2 in to help while keeping the humidity below 60%.

Gonna be defoliating the eldest as she finishes this next week.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Ok so my setup now is 325 actual watt Sunlight COB LED
    150 actual watt LED light for supplemental lighting and seedlings
    4x4 tent
    Nectar of the Gods nutrients
    Fox Farms soil

1x Big bud x Northern lights auto
    1x Blue Dream auto
    1x unknown auto

My next grow will be a RDWC. I just took it apart last year and I'm just too lazy to put it back together yet. When I do, it'll be one regular seed with autos. I'm thinking Cali Connections GSC with thin mint pheno. It will either be that or God Bud.

The unknown auto is doing amazingly well. The light is penetrating all the way to the dirt with how I have it LST'd so every bud site is getting light. I fed it pretty heavy yesterday with nectar of the gods to see how much it could take and it hasnt shown any signs of deficiencies or distress. In fact, with the Co2 bag, I'm already seeing a lot more activity and bounce back from the stress training.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Check her out guys. The last is doin work. So many tops I lost count. I switched to nectar of the gods instead of finishing out my other nuts and it's doing so well. 20171212_234224.jpg 20171212_234049.jpg 20171212_234114.jpg 20171212_234041.jpg

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. The Co2 has really made my plants explode. The light is putting in overtime for sure. Look how big that LST'd girl is. Remember, most of her main branch is directly on the dirt. Take that into consideration when thinking about the height of it and this plant is pretty damn huge. Not one bit of defoliation or topping has happened on her either. What a difference LST alone can make.

After these 3 are finished, I'm going to start a normal. Wait till you see what type of yield I get off that. My last normal I ran inside yielded about 3lbs dry. It was in hydro though and I couldnt even lift the damn thing out of its res to change it at the end.

• Disagree Disagree x 1