2 weeks into flowering Purple Kush

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Reggae420, Mar 21, 2012.

1. you should stick your finger in the soil and if it is dry about 2 to 3 in down then you should water

2. Looks like its got nitrogen claw now.

3. What is that?

4. Yes, looks like major overfertilizing to me. People need to understand that more is not better. When you are thirsty you cannot hydrate with a beverage that has a super concentrated high osmolality. Your blood has a certain concentration and plants too can only absorb concentrations that are within a certain range. If I were you I'd reduce the light for a day or two by having less light bulbs on and place them further away. Flush with water as you did and hopefully things will improve for her.

Another thought, how much water do you usually give her. If the soil was too moist for too long you could also have a mold problem.

Keep us updated and good luck!

5. Okay well what if they're turning brown like in the pictures. It's almost like the lights were too close but I know they're fine.

6. The claw is caused by nitrogen toxicity. Nitrogen toxicity will damage/destroy a plants vascular system. Water uptake slows down from the vascular breakdown of the plants and leaves will take on a dryish look and feel, they will normally still stand up rather than droop but they will curl down like if you held your hand out and curled your fingers down.

7. That's exactly what's happening and it seems that the soil is staying wet much longer than before so I guess the plant isn't absorbing the water correctly. This is because of over nuting?

8. Well if it is Nitrogen Claw you took the best steps in flushing it, I suggest just feeding it pure water for a bit. Just sounds like you over fed her a bit. I actually did it my first grow, its heartbreaking to see them go through it.

9. Yeah for real. Well I havnt watered her in 2 days and the soil is still moist so I was deffinitly over watering. We'll see what she looks like Tommorow. Thanks

10. I just checked her and she looks terrible, all the leaves are turning yellow and she is really really droopy, I dont know what to do, I havnt watered in 2 days and the soil feels pretty dry right now so I am going to water again tommorow, How much water should I use what I do water?

11. Its hard to tell what caused it,all you can do now is recover it.The best advice would be to transplant into bigger pot.If ya dont have a bigger one,add new soil to the bottom of it and press down the sides to get the air out.Im pretty sure thats what sg1 would recommend too.Ya should hurry b4 its too late,if the leafs are droopy.

12. shit im freakin out, Ill go to home depot tommorow and get a bigger pot, how do I do the transpant? just pull the plant out from the main stem and place it into a bigger pot, than add soil around it? What a buzzkill she was doing so well, I was using way to much nutes, rookie mistake

13. when I've been forced to repot a mature girl like your's, I use a box cutter to slice the old pot off and you can basically just use a plate to slide under the bottom to move the rootball into position over your new pot. Mine has a similar setback; I tranplanted into a square garbage pail and forgot to drill drain holes. Add two or three weeks and I've got my best girl in standing water; really feel like a first class idiot. I will repot her this weekend so that her growing roots will get some aeration.

14. damn bro that sucks, but hey thats what this is all about, learning from your mistakes, trial and error, Im gonna do that tommorow and hopefully that fixes the problem. I reallly hope she doesnt die on me

15. Depending on how big it is..you might be able to turn it upside down to get it out.Ive successfuly done it to plants 2ft and under...The stem should hold if it bigger.Add new soil to the bottom and sides,pushing the air out of the sides.
    Then just use water on it til it comes back.Theres no reason to over nute.A light dose of nutes does great imo.

It should'nt die if ya move it soon.Im hoping for ya!

16. Reggae420,I looked at yr thread,If that plant is still in that blue pot,it looks like its about time to transplant anyways.TP is a great thing imo,it spurs new growth,which equals bigger yield in the end.If you have the lighting for it.

I realize this thread is quite long Im about to post,but you will learn alot,as I did.By reading it slowly and entirely.Take yr time.This guy is a master at indoors,and willing to help us all in real time.Awesome.!

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...row-advice-member-cheap-old-basterd-club.html

17. Thanks for the help, I just went to check on her and shes lookin real rough, but the soil was so dry, the pot felt so light. so I put in a quart of water that sat over night to get all the chemicals out and put her back in there. I will stop at home depot on my way to work and transplant her tonight. I will post pictures. Thanks

18. OKay great, Im about to go to work and will be online all day so I will deffintly take a look at that thread.
    Thanks

19. Dude, one this about this particular species is resiliency. Other thoughts on your issue... What kind of water are you using? Is it straight from your tap? That may cause issues if your water is chlorinated or the PH is off. That can cause nute lock out and I have seen all manner of crap come from PH and chlorine. If you have no choice, at least leave your water out overnight before you use it. I water with distilled water only. That way I have consistent PH and no issues. Not sure what you are doing but hopefully things will work out.

20. I don't know what what to do. I think it's pretty much game over.

image-3028033944.jpg

image-842523886.jpg

image-3006071516.jpg