2 weeks into flowering Purple Kush

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Reggae420, Mar 21, 2012.

1. yeah im deffinitly a beginner, I just got home from work but I didnt look at it cause the lights in there dont turn on until 6am, Ill post some picture of her tommorow, hopefully shell be good again.
    Thanks

2. She's looking a little better, at least not any worse. Hopefully she'll be fully recovered by Tommorow

image-2571215793.jpg

image-2922276758.jpg

image-2360058975.jpg

3. nice grow u got going, hopefully she recovers well. mine are doing very good so far i think

4. Thanks man, you got a grow journal, Id love to check it out

5. Are you fanning her? She almost looks like she has a little wind burn.

6. She does look better from the flush tho!

7. [quote name='"webstock"']Reggae-

First off man, nice job so far. You definitely are giving them lot's of TLC! Here is my advice:

First and most important, watering everyday is absolutely too much! Nuting everyday is way too much! I water about every three days, but I judge that on soil moisture. I dig my finger about 2 inches into the soil and if it's dry I water. When you water, make sure you saturate. Some strains take to more frequent watering better than others, but you could be stunting growth but not forcing the roots to stretch to find water.

Second, I would advise you try to get your hands on some better light. CFL's are good for veg, but not as productive during flower. If you must use for flower, make sure you get the 2600K spectrum. "soft white" won't give you the optimal spectrum to grow. You can pick up a high pressure sodium (HPS) complete system for under $100 at a hydro shop. You would be amazed at the difference. If you can't do that, go to lowes and get the 2600K spectrum and just swap out the lights you have. They are pretty cheap.

Next, I think the reason for the droop is that your plant is root bound. Looks like a very small pot. How big is it? I would CAREFULLY replant. I get my plats into at least 5 gallon pots prior to flipping the switch to flower. As far as cutting the leaves, I know there is a range of opinion on this, some people swear by defoliation. I don't agree with it. If you understand photosynth the more leaves the better. The buds draw their life from the leaves, not the other way around. My opinion is you defoliate when you see disease, yellowing leaves, or dead leaves. Otherwise I leave the greenery alone. Please understand I am just giving you my opinion, you are doing well on your own. I am in no way talking down to you. I will check back in with you bro and I wish you the best of luck on your grow![/quote]

Where the hell do you live that you get a full hps set-up for $100?? Cheapest I've seen is a 150w one with that doesn't need a ballast for $87. Other than that, you can not get one cheaper than that

8. Lol I can get a 600w. And ballast for 125 where I am and am currently using it right now :)

9. looking great....green...lush leaves..becareful not to over water...top leaves look a lil droopy...make sure its like a desert on top soil before you water...marijuana(flowering)likes to grow thirsty...NOT DEHYDRATED!!!!...just thirsty...on a sporadic feeding cycle as apposed to "every 3 day schedule"...all in all looking great!!!! keep it up...

10. lol.....i see i shouldve read the entire thread....i just saw the first post and pics and added my thoughts....i just saw these ladies been through a lil stress and flush(as most growers go through at least once)...well hey they apear to be bouncing back nicely...great acting on the flush!!!! saved'm with that...well good luck..i think you'll be fine...and Super Thrive is great to add to a plant that is "bouncing back"(1 of my personal tips)..1 drop per Gal...and you wont believe how fast she'll BOUNCE BACK!!!

11. [quote name='"buddahaze1"']Lol I can get a 600w. And ballast for 125 where I am and am currently using it right now :)[/quote]

Brand new? That's a bit ridiculous. You're exaggerating

12. [quote name='"buddogmutt"']lol.....i see i shouldve read the entire thread....i just saw the first post and pics and added my thoughts....i just saw these ladies been through a lil stress and flush(as most growers go through at least once)...well hey they apear to be bouncing back nicely...great acting on the flush!!!! saved'm with that...well good luck..i think you'll be fine...and Super Thrive is great to add to a plant that is "bouncing back"(1 of my personal tips)..1 drop per Gal...and you wont believe how fast she'll BOUNCE BACK!!![/quote]

Awesome man thanks alot I appreciate the advice. I can't wait to check on her Tommorow and see how she's doing. I was deffinitly over watering. Hey you live and you learn. Won't make that mistake again.
    Thanks,
    Charlie

13. I may sub along n see how your grow goes,gl

14. Id let her dry out a bit, those leaves look very droopy. Im no expert, but wouldnt the leaves be yellowing if there were too many nutes? I think the problem was just over watering, expecially if before when you tilted the plant water came out.

15. [quote name='"meigsgold"']I may sub along n see how your grow goes,gl[/quote]

Good shit man, as a beginner any advice I can get I take into consideration
    Thanks

16. [quote name='"chemists"']Id let her dry out a bit, those leaves look very droopy. Im no expert, but wouldnt the leaves be yellowing if there were too many nutes? I think the problem was just over watering, expecially if before when you tilted the plant water came out.[/quote]

Yeah that's the plan for now. I'm boutta shower, smoke this bowl, then check her out. So we'll see

17. Just checked her, she seems to be bouncing back but a bunch of the leaves look like they got fried

image-3743216093.jpg

image-1828844268.jpg

image-560942602.jpg

image-1059942528.jpg

image-3583056179.jpg

18. Here's the setup just in case anyones curious

And my guard dog....... Haha

image-2745832396.jpg

image-2385917829.jpg

image-4257013862.jpg

image-2204380142.jpg

image-109493468.jpg

image-3122609154.jpg

image-1955273633.jpg

image-2059685859.jpg

Attached Files:

19. nute burn?

20. If you over nute your leaves should be dark.green cause you're giving it too much nitrogen, if they're yellow than too little. If you get nutes on the leaves then you'll have random patterns of yellow light green burns on the leaves themselves