2 weeks into flowering Purple Kush

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Reggae420, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Thanks bro appreciate it, I got you on a blunt when its done haha

2. I dont think you should cut the fan leaves off until a day or so before the harvest. I dont really think you even need too, even if the leaves block some bud theyre still harvesting energy for the buds so I wouldnt cut em. I usually hear of people doing that outdoors to try and improve air circulation so mold doesnt form.

3. okay cool thanks man, that sounds like it makes sense haha, cant wait to see how these turn out, you ever heard of crystal?

4. #24 chemists, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012

I have not, but thats nothing a google search couldnt fix. Dont jump the gun though, those buds will prob look a lot different when theyre more mature.

Do a google search, you should be able to find info on how the plants will look and smell.

5. yeah I have done some reasearch on google, apparently it is a cross between white widow and northern lights and it is short and busy, which describes my plant pretty well, if it was purple kush would it be showing the purple yet or no?

6. Probably not, wait until the hairs turn orange, the other colors should start to show too....looks too early now.

7. okay cool sounds good, Im still thinking of what to start growing next, any reccomendations?

8. Reggae-

First off man, nice job so far. You definitely are giving them lot's of TLC! Here is my advice:

First and most important, watering everyday is absolutely too much! Nuting everyday is way too much! I water about every three days, but I judge that on soil moisture. I dig my finger about 2 inches into the soil and if it's dry I water. When you water, make sure you saturate. Some strains take to more frequent watering better than others, but you could be stunting growth but not forcing the roots to stretch to find water.

Second, I would advise you try to get your hands on some better light. CFL's are good for veg, but not as productive during flower. If you must use for flower, make sure you get the 2600K spectrum. "soft white" won't give you the optimal spectrum to grow. You can pick up a high pressure sodium (HPS) complete system for under $100 at a hydro shop. You would be amazed at the difference. If you can't do that, go to lowes and get the 2600K spectrum and just swap out the lights you have. They are pretty cheap.

Next, I think the reason for the droop is that your plant is root bound. Looks like a very small pot. How big is it? I would CAREFULLY replant. I get my plats into at least 5 gallon pots prior to flipping the switch to flower. As far as cutting the leaves, I know there is a range of opinion on this, some people swear by defoliation. I don't agree with it. If you understand photosynth the more leaves the better. The buds draw their life from the leaves, not the other way around. My opinion is you defoliate when you see disease, yellowing leaves, or dead leaves. Otherwise I leave the greenery alone. Please understand I am just giving you my opinion, you are doing well on your own. I am in no way talking down to you. I will check back in with you bro and I wish you the best of luck on your grow!

9. I agree with the other poster that you shouldn't cut those leaves. Try to bend them away so that they open up and allow for more light to reach your buds.

10. [quote name='"webstock"']Reggae-

First off man, nice job so far. You definitely are giving them lot's of TLC! Here is my advice:

First and most important, watering everyday is absolutely too much! Nuting everyday is way too much! I water about every three days, but I judge that on soil moisture. I dig my finger about 2 inches into the soil and if it's dry I water. When you water, make sure you saturate. Some strains take to more frequent watering better than others, but you could be stunting growth but not forcing the roots to stretch to find water.

Second, I would advise you try to get your hands on some better light. CFL's are good for veg, but not as productive during flower. If you must use for flower, make sure you get the 2600K spectrum. "soft white" won't give you the optimal spectrum to grow. You can pick up a high pressure sodium (HPS) complete system for under $100 at a hydro shop. You would be amazed at the difference. If you can't do that, go to lowes and get the 2600K spectrum and just swap out the lights you have. They are pretty cheap.

Next, I think the reason for the droop is that your plant is root bound. Looks like a very small pot. How big is it? I would CAREFULLY replant. I get my plats into at least 5 gallon pots prior to flipping the switch to flower. As far as cutting the leaves, I know there is a range of opinion on this, some people swear by defoliation. I don't agree with it. If you understand photosynth the more leaves the better. The buds draw their life from the leaves, not the other way around. My opinion is you defoliate when you see disease, yellowing leaves, or dead leaves. Otherwise I leave the greenery alone. Please understand I am just giving you my opinion, you are doing well on your own. I am in no way talking down to you. I will check back in with you bro and I wish you the best of luck on your grow![/quote]

Damn bro thanks I appreciate all that and seeing as how you're grow went real well I know I can trust your advice. I'll leaves those leaves on and I didn't water this morning so we'll see how they look Tommorow

11. [quote name='"bartolomeo"']I agree with the other poster that you shouldn't cut those leaves. Try to bend them away so that they open up and allow for more light to reach your buds.[/quote]

Okay cool that's what I'm ginna do, thanks, how'd your grow going?

12. Thanks, grow is doing well, I'm a bit behind on you on the flowering schedule but they are starting to show their flowers nicely.

Another thought on those leaves. I think it also depends on the type of plant. If you have one that grows fast like a Big Bud with many leaves and buds coming from all over I would be more open to trimming that leaf but I generally agree with one of your latest replies that you should leave the leaves alone as that is where photosynthesis takes place.

On my grow I just stated to tie some branches down to spread the plants out a bit allowing more "sun" to reach the center of the plant. Big change in just a few days!

13. Yeah thats cool man you got a thread with your grow in it id love to check it out.
    Im gonna keep those leaves on and see how it goes, but yeah tying the branches down deffintly helps so that the light can get inside the plant and none of the leaves are covering any bud sites.
    Good luck bro hope everything goes smooth.

14. HELP

I don't know what's going wrong but look at her, I think I over nuted for the past few days. What should I do? Just keep watering the same with no nutes? Water more or water less? I've been doing 1 pint every day for a while now and she's been fine. Any help would be great

15. When I tilt the pot water comes out the bottom and thats something that has never happened before so I feel like something is deffintly wrong, Is there a reason why the plant might not be absorbing the water

16. I just did a flush with straight water and kept the pot tilted for a while to make sure most of it was out, I just threw it back in the tent and am going to work now, sorry for all the posts, just kinda freakin out

17. Dude, flushing was the right thing to do. Provided the temps are ok and you have circulation in the air, you probably just over did it with the water and the nutes. Hopefully you will be good to go with the flush. You could have lock out with all of the nutes you have thrown at the plant. Flush should cure that as well. Keep us posted as to how it looks tomorrow. Good luck.

18. @Reggae: Don't prune the leaves, some like to if they are blocking a lower bud site, your call. That's how the plant absorbs the light for energy n shiiit though.

Plants lookin' great for being grown under cfls. Probably starting to smell pretty good.

Kush

19. @Reggae: That's good that you did a flush on it. How many gallons of plain water did you use? You also need to make sure that you are letting the plant fully dry. I don't know if you are a beginner, but I know I had a hard time with watering correctly when I first started.

Kush