2 weeks into flower and no signs of gender?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by highscores, Oct 31, 2012.

1. I'm on my third grow. First one was from clone and second one from seed. I had some light leaks on my second and I think it caused my plant to become hermie cus I ended up with about 30 seeds in my ~100g.

The final product was still good so I decided to plant those seeds. After 4 weeks of veg and now just entering the third week of flower, I cannot accurately determine the sex of my plants. Last time I planted 4 and was able to identify one as a male a week before I flipped to 12/12. I know some strains take longer than others, but I also want to take clones as early as possible and this is becoming a hassle. There are 15 total plants and each one has white hairs growing around the flower spots. Some have so many that I'm almost sure they are female.

I'm trying to take picture but my iPhone camera cannot focus well enough. I should have a better camera tonight. Any advice until then? Is it possible i have all females? Are they hermie? Is it still too early?

2. if I'm correct hermie seeds will either grow hermies or fems. might be 2 hermies = fem, but I'm relatively new to growing.

3. Seems like it's too early to tell

4. [quote name='"Grimm420"']if I'm correct hermie seeds will either grow hermies or fems. might be 2 hermies = fem, but I'm relatively new to growing.[/quote]

I remember reading something about making feminized seeds and how u can use a chemical or stress the plants a certain way to make them hermie and somehow it ends up with feminized seeds. Can anyone else add any input on this?

5. [quote name='"highscores"']

I remember reading something about making feminized seeds and how u can use a chemical or stress the plants a certain way to make them hermie and somehow it ends up with feminized seeds. Can anyone else add any input on this?[/quote]

I heard that was colloidial (sp?) silver.

6. Yes, you take the colloidal silver and spray the budding site you want to grow balls for the first week or two of flowering. Once it grows pollen sacks you can take those (probably smartest to just cut the whole node off and then dry the pollen for a couple days. Then you can go back and pollenate a female plant (or the same plant I think) and get seeds. If I'm correct though you can't smoke anything you sprayed with the C.S. though. Not sure if that just means where you sprayed or if that means the whole plant if you only did 1 node. Anyone know that part of it?