2 Weeks in, do they look right?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by letsmokeasweet, Feb 15, 2009.

1. #21 itsmysubaru, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
    Hey man, looks like you're off to quite a start. Better slow down and get all your ducks in a row before it's too late for your sprouts.

Seems like you have a few basic things to sort out:

1) Lighting - CFL daylight (6500k if you can find it, 5000k will do). Get at least 50 true watts (not equivalent) per plant, for now. You'll want to save those warm lights for flowering, and you'll need more.
    2) Soil - Something simple, preferrably without nutrients. You can buy Fox Farm, or put something together on the cheap, that will work and not burn your babies. Read up!
    3) Watering/Feeding Schedule - You'll need to figure out when your plants need water (DRY soil, usually ~2-3 days depending on size/medium and RH), and when they need to start chowing down. Again, search!
    You need to get all these in check before you'll see the results you're hoping for. Take some time and read the stickies in this forum.

Everyone goes through the learning process - your success will depend on how much you want to learn! I planted two seeds. My first sprout started before I had even looked up growing, or found this forum... Of course, my light was inadequate and the wrong color, so it stretched like yours for the first week. By the end of that week, my second seed had popped up, and my setup was proper. A week later, she looked like this: [​IMG]

No stretchies there! Good luck to you, get busy!

2. bro you could flip your entire set up with a few options...

search your area for a hydro store, i like happy frog soil but foxfarm makes a lot of good soils! pick one! there 20-30 bucks a bag but its worth it!!

get a stronger light dawg!!! www.insidesun.com it just one site i found with inexpensive lights...if you want that many plants grab yaself 1000 watt hps/mh, you wont be dissapointed!!

some type of fresh air intake and old air outtake, vents are the best but fans will work also, remember plants need fresh air not that stagnant old shit!!

if you want highquality material your gonna have to make some changes, i harvested with miracle grow soil once and trust me you want something better bro! good luck