2 Weeks And Too Small ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thc kills stress, Sep 24, 2014.

1. #1 thc kills stress, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    My plants just hit about 2 weeks and I think they wayyyy too small compare to others and their autos ....what am I doin wrong or are they suppose to be that small ?
    400watt cfl lights
    79 degrees
    5.6ph
    No nutes yet

Attached Files:

2. #2 Abe421, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    Yeah, your plants are looking very small. Just gotta couple questions, to get the specifics.

1. How many watts of actual CFL's are you using? Most CFL's are equivalent, but you need actual watts.

2. How far is the light from the plant? It should be about 2 inches away from the plant.

3. What is the K on the bulbs? Its best if you use the right K which is 6,500k for vegging, and I think 2,600k for flowering.

Your temperature is fine, but a few degrees lower would be beneficial, but everything else seems to be fine.

3. Imma noob so imma give you the exact specs on light....its 4 of them and the specs are

26watt
    120vac
    60hz
    390mA
    1750 lumens

But when I bought em they said 400watts

4. Yeah they advertise the equivalent wattage not the actual wattage. Wattage equality is for when u put a light in your house. An old style incandescent 75 watt bulb is replaced with a 23 watt cfl which is comparable in lighting to a 75 watt. Which is the point of cfl's is to use less watts and energy and be just as bright. So you only actually have 92 watts of light on the plant and that is what's causing such slow growth. The bare
    Minimum is about100 so you wanna look to prob double up. More light = more growth

5. Thanks 4 the help and i just bought a 300watt led grow light so should that be cool ?

6. Although looking at your post again, I see they're 26 watts so you kinda are at that 100 watts per plant so that's not all that bad but still not great. Other thing is how far away are the
    Light. They should be about 2" away right now. Right on top of her

7. I'm not an expert but I've learned a lot over the last year or so. As far as LEDs I'm still learning about them but one thing tht seems to be the opinion is that led wattage is about 2/3rds the growing power of hps. So like 300 watts led could be comparable to about 100 watt hps which is still in that minimum area. You got a great deal on a good light so don't be disappointed just think about keeping those cfl's for some extra. And as Sade answered , one plant maybe two.

8. Hydro babies tend to lag at 2 weeks as most of the growth is underneath and then when the roots are abundant the tops take off.