2 Week old plant, might need some help.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Lizonsky, May 30, 2011.

1. #1 Lizonsky, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
    Hello, this is my first post on Grasscity, but i've been lurking for a few months. Recently I decided to have alittle grow going on. So I bought what I could afford and went at it. I have 2 20w cfls at the moment. Will buy more soon, Also im using just regular soil from Ace, it has no nutrients at all. I did buy a little bag of MG nutes but after I read on about it I learned it was no good, so no nutes yet. Its just a random bagseed. I still need to invest in a 2 small fans and a ph meter and temp meter. So the main reason im making this post was because on most of my fan leafs, the tips are beginning to stoop down. It just has me a bit worried :confused:. Its 2 weeks old tomarrow. I've been watering every 4 days cause its been drying slow. My pot is 9 inchs tall and 5 inches wide, with 2 drainage holes. My growbox is 2.5ft tall and 1 ft wide. Im leaving the lights 2-3 inches away. Erhmm cant think of much more to say. So if anyone can diagnose the beginning stages of something that might be bad, haha i'd appreciate it. Need to know so I can hurry and buy whatever I need to get to keep my plant healthy :smoke: The only reasons i can think of is, it might be a little too hot, considering im in florida and I live in a sunroom with no air conditioning. (tons of windows.. still hot as hell). Or my ph is off..

Attached Files:

2. I forgot to mention that little leaf thats cut in half.. i woke up to my plant being 2 inches taller than it was the night before, so it was touching the cfl and got burnt :/ It got brown and crispy it got removed. Also my lighting is on 18/6 at the moment. Changed from 24h on the 7th day.

3. Well I'm going to give as much advice as I can based on what little knowledge I have. Two 20w CFLs may not be enough especially if you have no airflow(better get working fast on those fans). It appears to be doing fine, and the leaves are probably drooping because it's getting too hot in the grow area because there is no airflow.

4. Add some fans if you can. If you can't, tough for the plant.

Water whenever soil is dry like your doing. It looks fine except for the chunk missing. The new growth looks healthy so you'll be fine. For regular soil, it looks pretty good. If it had Fox Farms Ocean Forest it would be a monster I bet.

2 20w CFl's is a little low.. but it will be fine nonetheless. If you can, get another 2 pack or get a 4 pack of them for like 10 bucks. The plant will be fine though, just a little slower growth. It looks healthy though so just give it time to grow. The fans would help since you said you live in Florida and it's hot as fuck.

Dont even bother with nutes, since this is your first grow, right? Just do your best and learn what to do and what not to do for your next grow. Good luck though :smoke:

note: The reason the tips are drooping is probably because it's too hot and no airflow like the guy above me said. Make sure it's not underwatered since it's so hot down there. Fans would really help, or move the plant to your basement since it'll be cooler down there..

5. There needs enough air movement to make the leaves flutter. Otherwise they aren't getting enough Co2, think of it like this. The leaves are like lungs and if you don't blow air on them they aren't breathing

6. yup to hot looks like and ur cfls might be kinda close if u burt the other leafs ha

7. Thanks so much for all the reply guys, i went to walmart and bought 2 6 inch fans for 6$ each. And ill get some cfls tomarrow.