2 tents, same room- effect of light leaks?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by akgirl, Dec 15, 2012.

1. I currently have a 4x4 tent in a room- using it for flowering. It works fantastic. I have my vegging & cloning babies in another room. Well, the bedroom is needed now & I have to relocate my mamas & vegging plants. Soooo, I'm wondering if ppl have a flower & veg tent in same room? My tent is not super high quality & leaks a bit of light (so I assume light may leak in as well). I am considering getting a 2nd small tent to put into the same room in hopes that it'd keep most of the light from the veg tent from getting onto my flowers.

Any ideas? Have any of you done it? Is there really an effect from a small amount of light leaking? Does the moonlight in nature just slow things down or what? Any work arounds? Thank you!

2. Yes my flower tent actually draws air from my mother tent with a 240 cfm fan I built a light catch around it though so no light in the flower tent check out my thread you'll see

Sent from iPhone 5

3. what is a light catch- good idea. I was wondering how I was going to vent the veg tent.:hello: I just hate to mess with my system that is working so well. But it can't be helped.

4. Any way you could hang a curtain or shower curtain between the two tents? If the material is thick enough it would stop the light

5. I took a box that's 10 x10 in and cut out vents 1/4 inch thick livery 1/4 inch along the whole side on the side pointed to the ground and put slats in the box like a mufler and between the 240 cfm fan pushing air in and pulling out of the ceg tent and the box it works great

Sent from iPhone 5

6. haha- I thought I was getting it, but I guess I gotta see a pix. I'll try to look something up on the net.

7. Yeah it's hard to explain but it keeps the light out man this morning I snapped one of my plants I was adjusting the angle of my lst and snap

Sent from iPhone 5

8. It's not like a small light leak will ruin your whole crop, the important thing is that the amount of light that the dark cycle receives is constant on a day to day routine.