2 Strains doing very differently

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sketchystuff, May 2, 2013.

1. Hi Cannabis Cultivators

I come to you with a question, sorry that I had to start yet another newbie Thread, but I couldn't seem to find the information that would explain this situation to me.
    I, like many others, am on my first grow. ATM they are indoor (still in the seedling stage) but I plan on moving them outside later in the season.
    I am growing Sensi Seed's Early Skunk and Jamaican Pearl. I have them in a box and I water them every morning, all about the same amount. However, the ES seedlings seem to by thriving, the JP seedlings... not so much. To be honest, they're pretty much dead already, all seemed to have dried out.
    Now I'm thinking this is because the JP seedlings need more humidity, so I've been keeping the vents closed and spraying water to increase humidity. Didn't seem to reverse the process, but it might have been to late already.
    Normal flower soil, 2 CFL bulbs @ 2*8 and 1*6 = 22W (I know its not a lot) resting about an inch above the taller plants.
    Can you guys tell me what happened here?

Thx in advance
    Sketch

2. Hmm I thought I posted the Pics, so here they are:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. I can't see the pics for some reason. But hopefully this helps

Seedlings, unlike clones, like lots of fresh air. Take that dome off, you don't need it once your seeds germinate. High humidity and stagnant air are bad news for seedlings.

They will get all the water they need from the soil. Typically you want the surface of your soil to look a little dry before watering again, but never let it dry completely. Seedlings have very tender root systems, allowing them to fully dry out can have serious negative consequences. If the plants are only just germinating don't allow the soil to dry at all. and please get more light lol.

4. What soil are they in? Many bagged soils come pre fertilized. Seedlings are very sensitive and can easily burn from a soil with chemical ferts added. That's why it's recommended to use a starter mix for seedlings that won't have any fertilizers per added since seedlings supply their own nutrition at least until you get true leaves

5. um yeah the pics are in the second post (I assume you see the tiny square image icons as well) just right click and click "open image in a new tab" that seems to work for me, I hope it does for you to.
    I don't have a stagnant air or too high humidity problem, I have good air circulation in and out of the box with CPU fans. (should be visible in the pics)
    Yes, the soil is pre-fertilized, but is it possible that one strain does so much better than the other in the exact same conditions? That's the mystery for me.
    SO yeah, check the images and let me know what you think.

Thanks for the responses, keep them coming

PS: I know that I should have more wattage, but I think it shouldn't be that shabby for just a couple seedlings, I mean they barley have any leaf surface at all. And the ES seedlings seem to be doing just fine. Except the one in the corner, he looks like the others (dried out, dead)

6. hate to do this... but BUMP

7. Some strains can handle a lot more stress than others. The one strain can probably handle your soil ok but its too hot for the other one. I cant see your pics so I'm not really sure whats going on. Make sure you have 150 watts at least for 2 plants, make sure you have good airflow and hope they survive through the soil. Like dude said starter mixes are good for seedlings. Shit both of my plants are over 2 weeks into flowering in starter mix and i feed them bottled nutes that way i can control what their getting, and if i were to grow in soil i wouldn't use anything but organic.