2 strains 1 res

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Kombucha20, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Just wondering if anyone tied 2 strains in one dwc res?
    I know it's frowned apon to grow 2 strains in the same res but I'm kinda wanting to do 2 pinapple express and 2 purple Kush. I have the four plants started now in a 6 planter Rubbermaid dwc now and I'm planing on scroging them. So since I'm scroging them I'm not real concerned about one growing taller then the other and blocking out the light. So from what I read it's the nutes that may cause the problem by one plant may not be getting enough or to many compared the to other strain.
    So a little more history, in the past grows I'm using the same setup but 1 strain, I'm using
    image.jpg For my nutes and when adding them to my res I just follow the guide on the back but just a little less (they say a little less it better then a little to much) image.jpg
    So in the past my girls grow pretty good no nute burn or anything,
    So I guess my question is along the lines of, has anyone every grew these 2 strains? I would think if they started at the same time and have close to the same growing time that should be around the same stage all through the grow and by using the nute directions on the bottle that They should be alright to grow together ? Sorry for the confusing post, just looking for some input on my situation, or should I say fuck it and use 2 res? The reason I don't want to is because it will use double the nutes/water/time ph'ing/space and so on. So yeah any feedback would be great thanks

2. I grow two different strains in the same room and res all the time. Nothing to worry about

3. People use one res for all plants regardless of strain pretty regularly, won't be a problem unless the plants are on diff stages of their life, or have drastically different tolerances

nonfiction's multi-strain grow

4. Ok perfect that's pretty much exactly what i wanted to hear haha

• Like Like x 1