2 seedlings one pot, what to do?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by druglife, Jul 23, 2016.

1. alright im growing some autos so like 22 days ago i put a sour diesel in the pot to germ and it never popped. so after 15 days i wrote it off and planted a blue amnesia to pop. well blue amnesia has popped and been growing for 4 days or so and today i noticed off to the side another sprout its the sour d. and im not sure what to do. i wanna transplant it but i don't know when i should do that. should i do it know or wait for plant to be bigger? also im just under a 400 watt hps can i grow 5 plants under it? thinking maybe putting it in a gallon jug or something to keep it small. thoughts on this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. No, you can't flower 5 plants under a 400 watt hps lamp. It's only good for about 1 plant honestly, if you want to get the most out of the plant. You never do yourself better by crowding in a bunch of plants under one light and you have to be realistic about what these lights will actually do. We flower under 4, 1000 watt hps lamps per room. The most I grow under a single 1000 watt lamp is 4. Each plant needs space to spread out for optimal light penetration down into the plant and if you've got a bunch shoved together, you just shade out all growth below the canopy. If you're going to grow 5 plants at a time, you're going to need at least a 1000 watt hps or more to get them to develop on out and make large dense buds. Otherwise, you just grow several under-developed plants. As for the 2 in 1 thing. It's simple, every plant needs it's own container. It's best to start them off in the smallest container you can that holds enough soil and it just so happens that a Solo cup works perfectly for this. Your seedlings are still small and haven't developed a root system that is so complex that lifting them out of that pot and transferring them into something else will kill them. It will shock them a bit and you just have to leave them alone and let them re-root into the new container and get over the shock, but until you see good new growth start to put on and the container dries out to AT LEAST 80-90%, they need no water. Drainage is huge with these plants and if you'll look at the soil most experienced growers use, it's loaded with perlite. That's why. They don't like the roots sitting in moisture constantly. You can take a fork and very gently go around the base of each...down deep so as to hopefully pick up a glob of soil with the roots of the plant and just set it over into the new container. They need NO nutrients because they've used none of what is in the soil. If you're using off the shelf soil, then rest assured they won't need any for a long while because all those soils are loaded down with slow release fertilizers. Giving more will just fry your plants. Leave plants in the cups and give only straight tap water that is pH adjusted to a range of 6.3 to 6.7 ONLY when they're almost dead dry. When the plant is larger than the cup (wider/taller), it's slightly root bound (what you want before a repot), and it's time for a repot. Go to a 1 gal. pot. You want to go to a larger container but not something that is super huge because that just means you're sitting and waiting longer for the plant to root. If you're smart about how you repot your plants, you can get nearly all the way through veg without adding a bunch of chemicals to your plants. You need to read up on how to do this. Go to the beginner growers thread at the bottom of the forums page and read the "sticky's" posted there. This is the basic...how to keep the plant alive, information that all new growers should know before they plant a seed. When you don't know how to do something, do you normally just do it without reading the instructions or directions or trying to wing it? This is way too expensive a hobby for that and the more you know, the better you know. You can also use the search bar at top of forums page to look up threads associated with an individual topic. You've got to learn how to do it if you want to be successful at it. Good luck TWW

3. If it's just a little sprout then you might be able to transplant it to a jiffy pellet or something similar but if you leave it to grow roots it will be a lot more difficult.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Are you 100% sure the second sprout is cannabis? Take a pic. Sometimes store bought soil will have misc seeds that will sprout out of nowhere.

5. I'd try transplanting the small one if I were you. Doesn't look like the root structure will be that developed for either plant so you should be alright.

6. heres one i harvested 2 days ago from first indoor grow im proud of this purple lady IMG_20160720_133221953.jpg

7. Just take a big spoon and pop it out , its not rocket surgery is a damn weed .

• Like Like x 4
  8. Haha, what's rocket surgery?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. its not brain science either

• Like Like x 2
  10. rocket surgery for the win!

• Like Like x 3
  11. yea no shit. if you read my post its pretty damn clear im asking when is best time to transplant seedling or wait till its bigger.

12. @druglife I would transplant it asap before the roots get to big and get tangled with the other.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I 2nd this. I hope you've done it already.

• Like Like x 1
  14. or wait until the plants are all grown and their roots are entangled together and it would damage roots of both of them to separate ...................... again its not rocket surgery

• Like Like x 1