2 Questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by frank_isn, Jan 6, 2009.

1. 1. First, i just started germinating 1 day ago and i was wondering if it's ok if the container get's pretty cold ? meaning 10 celsius also how long will it take ? more than a few days ? a week ?

2. And how could i get a green room to maintain a good temp ? since it's winter here and i plan to make a grow room .... rather small about 6 plants can fit but the thing is i have no idea how to heat it up since it's in the atic and temperatures now are around 6 degrese celsius.

Any feedback is apreciated !

2. If that's the warmest it gets then yes that is too cold (10C is around 50F).

You need to have these kinds of issues worked out before you begin germinating. I don't mean to dump on you, but honestly this is a little like getting behind the wheel of a car when you've never driven before, getting up to high speed on the expressway, and then when you see a traffic jam ahead you first start asking about how to slow down. You have put yourself under a deadline to get your grow op up and running properly in a very short time.

And attic grows are notoriously difficult precisely because of temp issues (way too cold in winter but also way too hot the rest of the year). To do it right in an attic you probably will need to enclose a grow space and insulate all the way around it, providing artificial cooling and heating.

3. You need to keep your seeds moist and at a stable 72 degrees for them to germinate.I have had some germinate in colder temps,but it's very rare and the germination ratio was very low.

If your grow room gets cold you'll need to put somekind of a heater in it.I use to leave the closet door open at night so the warm air in the house would circulate in it,the light kept it plenty warm enough during the light cycle.

Enjoy.

4. Seeds should be kept in moist soil at 75 to 80F for optimum germination.

5. Well i insulated the space where the grow will be with 3cm polistiren from top to bottom, i was wondering if some lights would be incandescent if it might keep the heat. About the seeds, the house rooms are to hot, the floors to cold... what's an ideal place ? i read somewhere on the boards here that on top of your tv set or PC but both aren't geting hot at all ever...

My seeds seem fine only 24 hours into germinating but i was thinking about heating them up a little for better results.

Frank.

6. Try the cabinet above your fridge. If all else fails, get a heating pad, fold a towel over it, and germ your seeds on top of that.