2 Questions... trimming fan leaves and when to see buds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by puredreamz, Aug 28, 2010.

1. I m going into the 3rd week of flowering 2x white rhinos when do i start seeing the actual buds developing. Right now i just see alot of hairs assuming pistils???

2. Everyone knows White rhinos a little on the bushy side when can i start trimming some fan leaves. or not a good IDEA. (of course in the flowering stage)

2. 1. You are seeing them forming buds. Thats what the hairs are.From now through week 8 or so, you will see more and more and more, which will eventually start looking like the buds you are seeking.

2. You will hear many opinions. Trim the leaves when you need to. If you have no need, leave them. If they are blocking light, or you have some other reason, then trim a few. It won't harm the plants. Best situation is not needing to trim anything but the dead leaves, but you can trim them safely if there is a need.

3. 1) As long as you don't see any little balls on any of the bud sites you're good. If you do then you've got a male and need to get rid of it. Post some pics here if you're not sure.

2) Everyone has a different opinion on this. Personally I would trim anything that doesn't get direct light. Of course a cfl grow doesn't get as much light penetration so anything far away from the light can probably go as well if you're using cfls. Again, that's just my opinion. You can always trim later on so when in doubt you can just not take any leaves off unless it causes a problem.

Just make sure you don't let things get too out of hand because you can run into mold issues if you're plants are too bushy in a tight grow space late in flowering. But that would only happen if you're grow space gets fairly humid.

4. im sure their both females, i had a blueberry male i chopped it out washed my hands sanitized my scissors the works and i did it outside not close to the tent.

grow space is good, so far so good lower smaller leaves just yellow and fall off heard its normal

5. I trim fan leaves that cover up the lower bud sites plus if the plant is bushy,like the white rhino you're growing then I'd cut some of the inside fan leaves to get more light to the bud sites as well...just my opinion though....don't rape your plant in one trimming either,i usually spread it out over a few days