2 Questions, Hydroton and clones

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cryptachronic, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Hey everyone, ive got a couple questions. Everyone ALWAYS has good info.  :)  :D  :p
    \nAlright Q #1: Hydroton (expanded clay) is an inert media. I added the last of my hydroton to miracle gro soil about 5-6 months ago, to increase volume. This soil was being used for my houseplants, not my ganja. Anyway, today i sifted all of the soil to reclaim my hydroton. I washed ALL miracle grow and residue from the hydroton, then washed and soaked it with Ajax antibacterial dishsoap. After soaking for a half an hour, I boiled this mixture for 15 minutes (soap and all) then rinsed repeatedly through a strainer with lukewarm water. I am currently baking it in my oven on the highest possible setting. After doing all of this, will my hydroton be safe to use in hydroponics again?
    \nQuestion #2: specifically for anyone who has seen my flowering plant, I have two clones of her. I woke this morning to find that SOMETHING has munched a blade from the new growth on one of my clones, and im wondering if i should risk a loss in yield on my flowering girl and take another cutting from the smallest branch I can find. There was absolutely NO SIGN of insects in my veg area except that one chewed up blade. I SCOURED the closet top to bottom and checked EVERYTHING on my clones with a jewelers loupe...no traces though. No speckles, no discoloration...NOTHING. Its almost as if a grasshopper chomped it, then vanished. No sign of anything living in there except my plants....should i risk it and take a cutting from my flowering girl before it gets too much further along....or just take excellent care of the ones i have? NOTE: the new clone, IF i take one, would be close to 9 inches in height if it takes, versus the two 3 inch tall clones i have already.

What do you think?