2 questions about the beginning of flowering and flushing.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mendoman, Jul 9, 2009.

1. 1. Can anyone post a photo, or lead me to the link to a photo of what the very beginning of flowering looks like? I've seen all the nearly done buds and halfway done buds in the world, but can't find a single "newly flowering" photo. I just want to make sure that I am switching my nutes at the right time.

2. Since the recommendation is to flush for 2 weeks or so with outdoor soil grows, how far should I let the trichromes get amber before I begin flushing? I know when to harvest the buds, but I'm not sure how long it takes for the trichromes to start turning amber until they are ready.

Thanks for your help!

2. answer one: Sexing Marijuna Sexing Cannabis Female

answer two: I would start flushing at the first amber hair...u can never get your nuggets too clean...You have just about the right time to let your plant use the rest of the nutrients up and finish matureing to about 60% to 85% amber trimcromes. remember the less amber tricromes...the less mature...with a more head high...the more amber tricromes...the more mature...w/ a more couch lock high

hope this helps...

3. So flowering begins at the first sight of pistils? I've seen those for weeks. I guess I was thinking that there was an appearance of something more "startling" that is unlike anything I've seen so far this season. I'll be sooo happy to get this grow under my belt.

As for the second answer: THANK YOU! I've never found the proper answer to that question.

4. hava look thru the grow journals mendoman. always lotsa pics from babes thru broads in there

5. Wow! That makes so much sense. I don't know why that didn't come to mind.

Thanks Mooner! :wave: