2 plants one container ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by j3553fx, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Hey everyone ! I'm wonder if it's okay to grow 2 plants in 1 container? 1592158044201.jpg 1592158064749.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Its not recommended because they will have to fight for root space and it is a struggle with one plant always being more dominate and taking most of the nutes. Its best to just put it in its own pot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I wouldn't due to root intertwining and as they bush out were they meet wont get adequate light their good now but given a month they will look completely different. but they will grow and flower may not be the best yield where they meet. especially with the trashcan you have them growing in one in it would get crazy big

• Like Like x 1
  4. I myself have been wondering this same thing. So I decided to try it. I have two things starting right now. Posting thumbnails and not full images below.

I’m going to do 4 just to speed things up and also use this grow to test some topping and low stress methods.

I also want to see when a plant stops growing in a 2 inch container.

I am also going to grow 4 seeds in a 2.5inch Togo tray to see how their roots end of traveling horizontally. I read roots refer to go horizontally than vertically.

So I suppose, to get back to your original post:
    you have plenty of soil for two plants probably but I wonder if it’s be better if it was not taller than it is wide. In short I think you want a chode - if youre going to do it have it be in a wide container.

I’ve read you can certainly do this but you’d certainly have more yield from both plants if they were grown separately. And obviously they should be the same strain.

cheers,
    James

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1