2 plants in one pot?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by weedmbw, Apr 23, 2020.

1. hello guys
    can i plant 2 different in one pot?
    should i double the amount of nutrients when i water?

2. Not suggested to grow 2 in one pot ,
    It never works out for one of the plants ,

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3. roots will grow together, one of the plants typically dies if not both. the one that survives takes a while to recover. unless you have a massive amount of space for the roots to spread don't do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. I tried three in a 25 gallon once. Technically, I started four -three of the same strain and one of a second strain- but one was a boy so I had two Purple Pleiades and one Y Griega CBD. I ended up featuring the PP that I kept for a while in one of my albums -I revegged it in the same 25 gallon after harvesting the other two plants, and scrogged it across the entire tent.

When all three plants were in there, it wasn't quite like a Harry Potty/Voldy situation 'neither can live while the other survives', but it also didn't work out super well. The YG CBD was much more vigorous and grew rapidly compared to the PPs. I assume it took most of the root space for its feet and choked the PPs somewhat. The PPs had enough flower that I was able to get an idea of cannabinoid profile, which was all I needed since I was on a hunt for a good CBD plant, but there was less than an ounce or two from each.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have heard of people doing it for small scale breeding. But that putting 2 or 3 clones which are imediatly started on 12/12 so a tester seeds can be made.

You can grow plants next to each other in the ground or a raised bed just fine. But once you start adding pot walls things get messy.

6. not at all buddy used old jeans to grow a pot last week as the store was closed ..lol

just tied knots in the legs and filled with compost

any pot about 3usg is good

or smaller if a seedling

good luck

ps avoid over nuting go the other way feed less

7. Sure, in a 100 gal bed..

8. 3 strains in the big pot cookies,cake,gelato.
    2 grand daddy purple in the smaller pot.
    20200423_193155.jpg 20200403_235822.jpg

9. You can do it but they need to be spaced apart. Essentially what you’ll get is the dominant plant taking up more than the other. If you want to do beds, I’d suggest 100-300 gallon pots using living soil. This way the soil is constantly feeding the plants at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk