2 plants in one pot.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Rasta_Man, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Hey,

This is a question for a stubborn friend of mine, who won't seek out help for his plants.

They're 2-3 months old and are doing great, since I've seen them.

According to him, they are starting to wilt and aren't growing much.

The one problem i noticed right away is he has two plants in one 10-12 gallon bucket. I'm not a grower, but wouldn't those root systems start to choke eachother off?

Can he save one plant if he kills the other?

Any advice would be helpful.

2. Im not much of a grower, but like you said..I think the roots would choke each other..

3. yeah that IS a big bucket but ure never supposed to put 2 in 1 for that reason exactly.

4. Alright thanks.

Can he save one of the plants? Just kill one and let the other feed off of it's decomposing material?

5. i say he tries to save both of them tell him to get some root shit to help the roots after he takes them out then see if every things legit and seperate them into different buckets and wait

6. yea, if you just cut one right above the dirt itll die and the other plant should be just fine. but since there already in the pot and it is quite big, it might be a good idea (if it hasnt been done already) to move them in a cupboard to make them flower, find out wich are females, then kill the male. if both are females you can keep em both and see what happens or kill of the smallest.

7. Thanks guys!

he says he's going to give it a shot.

Hell, even i'm worrying about his plants. They're beautiful, and they look really promising. I think if he manages to get past this, he might get a very decent yeild.

8. your fucking welcome..i wish mine qwouldnt have got fucked up by my dad

9. If they are pretty large already, its probably doing more damage trying to seperate them. 12 gallon buckets pretty if i was in that situation i would just let them go together.

shouldnt be screwing with the root system at this stage.. best to leave well enough alone before you loose both.