2 plants in one pot problem

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by T-Slikk, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Alright obviously i'm new lets get that out the way I've been doing alot of reading lately and I found out I made a mistake early in the game and I want to know the proper way to correct it. 

I planted 2 seeds In one pot. I most certainly do not want these roots to get tangled up. I want to know the proper way to seperate them without ruining the roots.

I started them off with sunlight by a windowsill because it's natural and made sense at the time.. However now that I did some good reading. I'm switching them to two 100 watt CFLS next week. (Home Depot brand if you care to add any constructive criticism to that)

Also how are my babies doing? I'm just waiting for that third leaf set so I can top them. I put the slit straws around the stems because earlier in the grow they were stretching too much damn near falling over.

Attached Files:

2. Sounds like two girls and one cup....na but for real just hurry up and separate them. They look like healthy seedlings to me.

3. As Jak89 says, separate them asap! Be gentle with them while separating and replanting, as you don't want to damage the roots while doing this. But certainly you need to act quickly with your seedlings otherwise your just asking for trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  4. When you replant, bury the stems right up to the first set of leaves and give them lots of light.

5. When u say 100 w do you actual watts .. Or 23 w putting out the same as a 100 w .. Your going to to need at least 150 actual watts of pure cfl power for one of those and a minimum of 50 actual watts for each additional plant .. Do not forget you need 6500k spectrum for veg and 2700k spectrum for flower .. The more lights you get the better off you and your hopefully fingers crossed girls will be.. If you can't get big CFLs at least get a bunch of 23 or 26 w 6500 and 2700 k for them and put them close

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app