2 plants, growing slowly. (need advice on fert.)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Label425, Mar 18, 2002.

1. I have 2 plants, and they are growing, but quite slowly. I'm watering them every 3-4 days, and I have a 100 watt bulb shining 20/4 each day. How can I speed things up? it's been about 3-4 weeks. I'm not fertalizing them, so do u think thats a problem? the reson I'm notfertalizing tyhem, is cause i dont know how. I know what fertalizer is, but \how do I apply it to my plkants? do I just place some on the top of my soil and then water them? I heard that you can fertilize them with the water too. also, what should I look for in my fertilizer (chemical wise) any help would be much appreciated, thanx.

2. Get a fert that is in crystal or powder form. That way you can mix it with water in your watering can and just water as normal.

You want "N,P,K" which is Nitrogen, Phoshphate and Potassium, included in your fert. There should be ratio on every pack. I've been using Miracle-Gro which is 15:13:12, worked for me.

BUT read the directions on the pack, do half the recomended amount so you don't fry your plants, get them used to it, then you can apply more. The first sign of too much fert is brown tips on the leaves.

When they start to flower you will need a bloom fert, which should have a higher 'P'. eg. 10:20:10

Go to your local nursary even your supermarket, there are plenty of products to choose from.

Good luck!

3. ok, thanx, that answers part of my ques, but what is all this talk about wqatering your plants w/ apple juice and weird crap like that? thanx again though.

4. People water their plants with apple juice etc, trying to get sugar in their plants to make the buds sweeter. Good logic but BAD idea.You will attract bugs and nasty's that will eat your plant.

What I did to get that sweeter bud was when it was ready I pulled the whole plant up. Shook all the soil off the roots then soaked them(roots) in hot water with brown sugar. Then I hung the entire plant upside down to dry. The plant will absorb it and all the goodness left in the stem will go into your buds. You could use apple juice this way, cause your harvesting the plant. But to just add juice regularly on the plant while growing could cause trouble!

I edited my last post, cause I realised I only answered half of ya questions, sorry mate....bit burnt today!! :)

5. Hey there label may I ask what type of light your using ie fluoros hid hps? just curious because if your using a screw in light bulb it really wont matter how much fert you put on it those bulbs dont provide enough of the light spectrum for the plant to feed off of. Good Luck m8.

TrippieJ81

6. I'm using a 100W screw in bulb, but wont the fert help at all?

7. 100w screw in wont grow your plants for ya, sorry bud

your going to need at LEAST flourescent lights, and more preferably, HID lighting. Without that, the only think ferting will do is kill your plant

ps. its not recomended to fert until three weeks after sprouting..

8. Water your plant an hour before adding ferts so you don't burn the roots.

9. what about the lights that scwrew in and say the are florescent. i dont know if you know what im talking about but these screw in lights say they are flor. and save money...will they work?