2 plants, 1 DWC bucket *pics*

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ParanoiaKills, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Howdy everyone :D I'm here with my latest experiment, can you grow two plants in one net pot-one DWC bucket?? Were gonna find out!!

The strain?? La Diva autoflower.

Equipment?? 2 week veg with 250 MH, flower with 400 HPS, one 3 gallon bucket (will switch to 5 gallon when necessary, I'm guessing week 2 of flowering) one pump, with 2 airstones in the bucket, and using AV nutes, 3 part system, along with big bud and nirvana.

Results so far?? I'm about 1 week in since germination, and roots have been growing out of the net for a few days now. Ppm is around 650, will probably boost in 3 more days (just boosted today.)

The pictures?? Well that's the best part isn't it :D
    The big plant is blue himalayan auto, medium size plant is afghan kush auto. (yes that huge plant really is an auto...)

Comments and questions are more than welcome, I'll be continuing this thread up until either I harvest, or it dies......lol.

Attached Files:

2. I'm pretty much an amateur, but my guess is it will work, you'll just have 2 smaller plants than you would it you had one per bucket.

Either way, I'll follow along! Good luck!!

3. Idk I'm pretty sure I'll get at least 2 ounces off of each plant. I'm going to LST both of them, away from each other so they all get max amount of light. I don't think the plants will be small by any means...so it's been 48 hours, I fully have my first try set of leaves now. Just a quick update, boosted ppm way up to 900 (btw I always use ecx500 method if your wondering)

I'm going to get high now :D

Attached Files:

4. Ok update time!! I've been very busy but don't won't the thread hasn't died off :) so, back to business. The ladies are about 5 days into flowering now, and they're still alive. Ppm is about 1200, and she's still under my 250W (not enough room under the 400 due to two HUGE plants) but I'll be putting her under there soon.

There is def a dominant plant as you can see, I believe one plant is strangling the other with it's roots. So my next double bucket, afghan kush, which the seeds are already germinated, I'll put a plastic divider in the net pot separating the two root balls. I do think there huge opportunity with an idea like this. They're not drinking double the water, they're not taking up double the nutrients, really they're just chilling :D the lst is looking good also I finally got some nodes popping thru the canopy

Check out the pics, comment, ask, and enjoy!!

Attached Files:

5. Please let me know if you can or can't see my pics iPhone is dumb sometimes :-/

6. 1200 seems high for veg, but they look good.

I don't see any issue with growing two in the same container. A lot of people do. You don't see it in buckets as much as you do with the big tote containers. In fact, I'm running one of the small tote containers with 2 clones in it. Works nicely.

7. [quote name='"ohspyro89"']1200 seems high for veg, but they look good.

I don't see any issue with growing two in the same container. A lot of people do. You don't see it in buckets as much as you do with the big tote containers. In fact, I'm running one of the small tote containers with 2 clones in it. Works nicely.[/quote]

Haha I have an auto blue himalayan that's probably a ppm of 2100 right now....but they love the high nutes so I keep giving it to them! With the right ph almost any ppm is possible.

I looked for a while on a double dwc bucket and couldn't find anything :( can't wait till I get buds!!

8. I think from my research, the only and really main problem you COULD have is that there is too many roots in the bucket and they rot. Really that is your only problem, the use of a bigger bucket and more air fixes that quite readily.