2 plant Grow Box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jacobbrown91, Apr 14, 2011.

1. hello all im going to be making my tent in a few hours with panda film and was wondering what the dimentions should be for 2 plants?

also was wandering if i went with clf bulbs, how many many/diff kinds would i need for flowering and budding for that area?

thanks in advance.

2. You'll want at least 4 sq. ft. and about 5ft tall min. And if using CFL maybe 10-12 ~30w bulbs. 2700k for flower, 5500k for veg. I like to mix the spectrums a little to mimic natural sunlight after the first cpl weeks of veg. I use strictly 5500 for two weeks and then go to 1/3 2700k the rest 5500, then when in flower 1/3 5500k w/ 2700k.

3. so 2x2? do you think i could go 3x3x6? for that just incase factor, how about the lumens per sq ft per stage?

4. The more space the better. As far as lumens go, 8000-10,000 lumens per square/ft is recommended for best results.

5. point me in the right direction for some good lumen lights. link would be greatly appreciated :)

6. Basically all CFLs are pretty equivalent when it comes to lumens per watt (usually around 60-65 lum/wt for 2700k; and and 55-60 lum/wt for 5500k) though lower wattage bulbs can be 2-3% more efficient. I use EcoSmart bulbs that you can buy at any chain hardware store. My light holder is about 16" wide with the bulbs set in two rows running it's length, so that there are approx 6 bulbs for every foot in length. Just using 23w2700k you can get over 8000lum/ sq.ft. with this setup (and obviously more if you opt for 42w bulbs). Personally, I'm not a fan of the big 150w CFL grow bulbs. They're not as efficient at turning wattage into light, and are too big and bulky. I'm a fan of CFL setups with lots of smaller bulbs as it's easier to adjust the intesity and spectrum of the light setup. If you need less intensity for clones or seedlings, just unscrew a cpl bulbs here and there; if you want a more natural spectrum you can swap a few 2700k for 5500k or vice versa.