2 part harvest

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ramman, Apr 10, 2019.

1. I'm starting to harvest but just taking the top 1/2 of the plant. The tops are ready based on trichomes but the sides and lowers are still pretty small and not ready.
    I was planning on putting the 1/2 chopped plant back in the flower tent to let it go a little longer.
    The only thing I can't seem to find an answer to is:
    The last week and a half...I was just giving them water so there's not a lot of nutrients left in the media....
    Should I start feeding them again for another week or so to help plump them up and ripen or just keep giving some water?
    Thanks

2. Just water. Maybe a little Cal/mag. Shouldn't start nutes just for a week.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ok thanks. I wasn't sure if it would need some nutrients in order for her to fill out a bit more. Some are pretty green and under developed still so I don't know if another week or so is going to do much anyways

• Like Like x 1
  4. You say based on trichs the tops are ready but the lower are still small. Are you saying the trichs are small or the buds are small? I've also considered harvesting only the tops which would of course allow more light to the lower buds but I didn't see that much of a difference in the trich color, not enough in my opinion to bother with a two stage harvest. If you're going to start a new crop it may be better to harvest the whole plant so you can get your next round started. It depends on your situation and plans I guess.

5. The lowers and sides were shaded out by the canopy so they're pretty fluffy and green. I'm wasn't sure if another week or two will help them or not

6. I've got another few weeks before I need the flower room so it's no panic to get them out. There's a couple others in there at week 3 so the lights on anyway

• Like Like x 1