2 or 4 plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kworzy, Feb 18, 2011.

1. im doing my first grow. white rhino scrog with 400w hid in a 2x2x5' room. will it make a diffrence doing 4 plants or 2? soil btw. just thinking if i dont have to use so many seeds then why bother

2. #2 LilDize, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    you can grow 4. towards the end you might think about supplemental light.

3. i would say do just one because the first time is a learning experience and most of the time the first one dies

4. wouldnt it follow the 100w/plant rule? do u mean a few cfls or ... something?

5. Are these feminized seeds? If not then I say sprout 4, odds are you will end up with 1-3 females that way.

If they are feminized then there isn't a "best" number of plants in your scenario, you could make a case for any of the possibilities. On one hand this being a first time you might be better with fewer plants (I recco 2) and treat it as a learning experience, don't overwhelm yourself. Also if you are limited on number of seeds in hand if that is a concern. On the other hand, in for a penny in for a pound, might as well try for all 4. If you get them to harvest then you'll have double. You do have enough light to take 4 all the way through, but you will want to rotate them every couple of days.

6. I say sprout two beans and veg them out for a little longer to fill them out. 2 bigger plants will yeild the same as 4 smaller ones. Yeild mainly is factored by how much light you have not how many plants.

Plus your scroging right? Veg 2 out to fill the screen 1/2 way then go 12/12 and fill the other half during flowering.

good luck!

7. #7 magestik63, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    im in a similar grow space, and i am currently running 4 with a scrog. this is my second grow, they get a little crowded towards the end. next time it will be 2.

if you have 2 plants they will take longer because the plant will veg for 5-8 weeks instead of just 4

i would be interested to know if the quality of the buds would be better with fewer plants under the same amount of light?

8. that was my thinking too, why croud 4 when 2 can flourish. yes they're feminized, since im learning im thinking 2, thx for the input everyone

9. yea excatly. but you wouldnt need to worry about it till flowering anyways. itll boost your budz growth a little w/ that "extra" light.

10. i think the quality would be better. btw good advice recommending 2 plantz. i overlooked the SCRoG and yes, that will be plenty for a first growing and good learning exp.

11. I am about 3 weeks into flowering on my first grow and I am doing 4 plants and it is a very manageable grow good for learning. you should go for four

12. are you doing a scrog? that will give me much less up and alot more spread. 4 plants 4sq/ft at say 50% full at flowering time gives each plant 1/2' of screen each. not alot to work with. mind is made up unless someone can prove otherwise or explain to a first time grower how to make it work

13. 2 or 3 at most, incase something happens to one of them. It's about quality not quantity

14. No im am not doing scrog i have plenty of space in my closet i have about 7 feet in height for the plants to grow. i figured the more simple the grow the better for my first shot at it.