2 newbie questions, please read!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ThePot, May 17, 2007.

1. So I'm on week 3/almost 4 at the moment. I have 2 plants growing under 4 26w CFLs in a relatively small space, although its really tall....

anyway one question is do i have enough light? i know the basic rule is 100w per plant...but
    the 42w daylight CFLs I found at home depot dont work in normal light sockets:mad: for whatever reason? anyone answer that one or point me to some that definitely do?

secondly, I recently started them on some MG tomato plant food, about 1/2 strength. However, I've never read anything about if you should always just feed them with that or alternate it with water?? any input would be helpful.

lastly, can I do anything to eliminate the upper space of my cabinet? Ive been looking for hoods but haven't found any yet. any thoughts would be much appreciated. thanks alot guys

2. If you need to use CFL's. Get the biggest one you can that screw into the light sockets. HOME DEPOT or whatever will carry them. Just ask the guy who works there. Don't over feed them and make sure to quit feeding at least 2 weeks prior to cut down. A good flush with just water is always nice. Check out my Dynamite Bud, almost ready!

Attached Files:

3. u need to get the daylight spectrum bulbs and i believe they come in the 100w at home depot... get some of those .. it will help.... get like 12 if thats all ur gonna use.. ur gonna need em for flowering those beasts...

good luck man.

4. Yea, I do have the 6700k or whatever daylight ones. but I think the 26w are the biggest ones that dont need a special light fixture or whatever.

5. Home depot carrys a clip on light with a round reflector 6.99 I think.. they hold the 42 watt bulb they sell, the 42 watt is equivalent to a 150 watt incadesent lumen wise but to count how many watts you have on your plant its 42 so you would need two of those per plant.... to to light the whole plant...

gluck guys!

6. One more question....

Would/Does poor ventilation lead to slower growth? The cabinet I'm growing in cannot be cut/drilled into and my plants seem to be growing really slowly. However, Im moving to a new apt beginning of june and building a new growbox

7. yes... low ventillation leads to slower growing bud... plants need air to live just as much as we do...
    get that new box set up as soon as possible... good luck