Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

2 New Roors and a new Lux

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Banana110, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Yo whats up folks. I havent posted here for at least a year but i still come by to check shit out. Lately i been in the market for some new tubes. I ordered a Dealers Cup 7.0 "Behemoth" off that other web site but its been on back order for over a month now. :mad: they told me they arent the only ones experiencing a delay with roor items, and that theres only a select group of people making them in a small studio in germany. :mad:

so i couldnt wait any longer. :smoke: i found out there was a place in delaware that sold roor shit so we packed up the car and went on a road trip.

i got an 18" blue label 5mm straight tube for $265. then i was gonna get a lux, but they had this huge 40% off section and right there in the middle was the roor hookah. priced at $370 but 40% off broguht it to like $220 :cool: so i had to scoop it up. the chick told me they just reduced the price the day before. i also got a worked bowl for $40 and a diffuser for my straight tube for $30. plus theres no sales tax in delaware.

my boy who i was with bought a lux mini, a ceramic mini bong and a bubbler. all in all between four of us we dropped over a G. heres some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and after their first smokes

[​IMG]

I got two questions. one, i heard that roor makes plugs for the hose joints that arent in use on the hookah. for example when only two people are smoking it. anyone know if thats true? also, are all lux pieces the 14 mm joint size? or are their 24" pipes the 18 mm? i wanna buy a lux but i want the bowls to interchange with my roors.

2. I think I know what you're talking about and I've seen them on the RooR websites. They're just glass on glass stoppers and I've always wondered what they were used for... I guess now I know. I've definitely seen them around but right now I've heard it's unreliable to order anything off of the main RooR selling websites so maybe just take out the hoses and put real corks, or tape or saran wrap is also a good solution.

3. the lux in the picture has a 18.8 joint size, but the downstem has a reducer so the actual size you can use is 14. the fix is to either get an adapter to plug into the downstem (14 to 18.8) or get a new downstem that retains the 18.8 size (and still fits in the bong).
    ED: nice peices btw. sick hookah.

4. sweet guess that answers that. thanks man

5. roor does make plugs. They're called cleaning stoppers and you use them to plug up the female downstem so you can let it soak with cleaner.

6. nnnnniiiiiice pickups.

7. your lucky you actually got a discount on roor products. since roor has closed, most shops have raised prices

8. If you are trying to plug an 18.8mm joint, you can use a Hypnotiq cork and most wine corks.

9. Nice glass bro. I love that Samsung LCD in the background. Yeah I wanted to get a blue label ROOR but the German Blue labels are thin. You say that one was 5mm? Thats cool so is my Icemaster 5.0 RooR.de. I was going to get a 7.0 Lil Sista next but I think I am going to get something with a perc or two like a Lux Scientific.

Great Pics. +Rep

10. how does the lux mini hit compared to the 18 roor? sick hooka btw.

11. the lux and the roor are both smooth, but out of four people we all agreed the roor was smoother than the lux mini. it was only by a slight margin though, at least in my opinion.

its only been three days, but we've been all smoking out of and liking the hookah the most. shit really really rips.

12. nice bongs man. im liking those roors.

13. nice collection is it a german or just usas.

14. Where did you pick up the hookah, and how much if you don't mind answering...

15. He said he got it for 220...which is a steal.

Nice tubes man...I've hit the mini straight, it's a really nice toke.

16. sick dude i hae a lux bubble bottom that i love, luxes are sick, and i really want a roor, especially since my other one broke :(

17. dam that hooka look siiiiiiiick and the roors r nice as hell. good pickup