2 jobs at once

Discussion in 'General' started by Daft Funk, Nov 26, 2011.

1. How hard would it be to be a Entrepreneur and Construction Manager at the same time? I want my main career to be Construction Management but i also want to be a Entrepreneur on the side. How hard would this be to do both?

2. One doesn't "be" an entrepreneur... and that is like saying "I want to run my own business!" Such a statement doesn't actually elaborate on your plan whatsoever, but if that is as far as you've thought it through... chances are, things aren't going to work out well.

But as far as the actual topic is concerned... sure, it is definitely possible. Many creative minds and famous leaders (in the sense of leaders versus followers) today acknowledge the necessity of maintaining a job while pursuing your dream (in terms of practicality, and in that it supposedly builds character). I am of the mindset that you should give your all to your dream and pursue to the fullest. I'd rather risk it all and fail than wonder "What if?" That is pretty idealistic, but it isn't unrealistic.

3. yea its possible. be ready to invest a lot of time into it though.

i work two jobs, part time and full time and devote probably 60-70 hours a week. but becoming an entrepreneur while keeping the job you have now (my guess is its full time) will most likely be difficult, but probably well worth it.

4. [quote name='"VacuousCL"']One doesn't "be" an entrepreneur... and that is like saying "I want to run my own business!" Such a statement doesn't actually elaborate on your plan whatsoever, but if that is as far as you've thought it through... chances are, things aren't going to work out well.

But as far as the actual topic is concerned... sure, it is definitely possible. Many creative minds and famous leaders (in the sense of leaders versus followers) today acknowledge the necessity of maintaining a job while pursuing your dream (in terms of practicality, and in that it supposedly builds character). I am of the mindset that you should give your all to your dream and pursue to the fullest. I'd rather risk it all and fail than wonder "What if?" That is pretty idealistic, but it isn't unrealistic.[/quote]

This doesn't make sense. You have to know what you wanna do. Some one just doesn't start a business one without having thought about it. Your logic is wack

5. its easy to be an entrepreneur as a second job

my nephew for exampel ... full time job making pizzas AND he cuts lawns and details cars on the side.