2 hose or 1 hose hookah?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Ticay, Jun 30, 2010.

1. I'm buying a hookah to use with anywhere from 2 to 8 total people. I won't use it alone. 1 hoses are cheaper, but I'm concerned that the hose won't be passed quickly at all with 6-8 people. However, a friend told me that on 2 hose hookahs only one of the hoses works well and the other sucks (I didn't experience this when I tried a 2 hose hookah though.

This hookah will be used mainly for tobacco with the occasional bud usage. I'm asking for your opinion or a list of pros and cons. Thanks in advance

2. i've always heard one hose's work best. it's also the only kind i've ever owned.

3. Your friend gave you some sound advice, for whatever reason I have found when smoking hookah's the ones with an even number of hoses dont have as good of a draw on the smoke as odd numbered hose ones. That being said I would go with the one hose or a three hose hookah. If you look on ebay, and in the right places you can find them pretty reasonably priced. If your trying to keep the cost down get the one hose and make sure you buy one of the longest hoses you can get. Also a great investment if you plan on smoking with a bunch of people (particularly if the people will be drinking as well) is a top to put on it to cover the coal. It's always a hot mess (literally) when the hot coal gets knocked over and burns the carpets or hard woods. Hope this helps as you can probably tell I have had a bit of hookah experience haha

4. I don't know much about hookahs... but I was under the impression that if you had "ball bearing hoses" you don't get that off-balance effect when using more than one hose.

5. Yeah the only issue with some of the cheaper ball bearing ones is they can sometimes rust or get stuck. The thing is though its still hard for two people to rip it at once so you got to kind of wait for one person to rip it then have the next person do it.

6. We have a 4-hose hookah that a friend brought us from Afghanistan and it works brilliantly.

7. I don't think more would hurt, but it's up to you.

8. how about two 1 hose hookahs or one 2 hose?

9. Or 4 1/2 hose hookahs.