2 GonG downstems broken in one day

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Space, May 15, 2010.

1. #1 Space, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
    And I'm about to fucking loose it. Honestly. I had cleaned my downstem today, and whilst drying it, the bowl came clear off. I have no fucking idea how.

Luckily, I was able to get a new one! And now it's just fallen off the table and shattered :cry:

I am not happy with this in the least.

I've heard that heat-resistant silicone could be used to repair broken pieces, but with the break being so close to where the flame is, I'm concerned about toxic fumes etc etc.

So I must ask, what should I do?

Edit: Here's a photo of the first one, the break is right before the hole at the bottom of the bowl, the, dare I say, 'wall' of the bowl is perfectly in tact, though.

[​IMG]

2. did you clean it by boiling it?

3. No, isopropyl. That's what's so weird about it :confused:

4. no idea. maybe it was just a crappy downstem. but ive also broken 2. 1 was cuz it rolled into the sink and just broke. and the 2nd i kicked my bong over the downstem was the only thing that broke suprisingly.

5. Yeah I'm kind of under the impression, it is a cheap downstem? Am I wrong? Nothing bad meant, but that is probably why. If it was a cheap downstem, it's one of those ya get what ya pay for things.

If looks are wrong and it is a nice DS, then the glass gods took two soldiers today!!!!

6. It's a convenience store piece, yeah, but that's still no excuse for the bowl to come right off. I've had lots of china glass, but nothing like that! My last downstem prior to this (from the same location) lasted me a year.

7. It's a convenience store piece, yeah, but that's still no excuse for the bowl to come right off. I've had lots of china glass, but nothing like that! My last downstem prior to this (from the same location) lasted me a year.

8. Yeah that is really weird. Especially since you only used Iso, hmmm...:confused: