2 four foot florescent grow lights for veg....

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Cannadabler, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Im thinking of using two four foot florescent grow lights from walmart to veg my plants..will they put off enough light ...

2. I know that people use t5s and cfls ..walmart has florescent tube grow lights and i already have a four foot ballist ...

3. ???¿??????

4. they will get you started. I've done it, and I got almost 2 oz off 4 plants with minimal effort. They produce airy buds is all.

5. Right...i have a 600good wat hps for flower but i would like to have a veg light to get a head start on the next crop but i wasnt shure if the plant lights from walmart would give me a decent plant ..it would just save me a month

6. These one's will be ready to flower soon and i would like to take thee clones frome them for the next crop ...

7. If you really want to go with those big 4 ft tubes they would do, but if anything i would just grab a bunch of CFL's (6-10) so you can put them closer to your plants cus they dont give off much heat, would be more effective, just grab a few socket splitters an sockets an your good for a few months!

8. Hhmm yea i thought about that ...ill have to sea what it costs im kinda a broke ass after this set up thats why i whas thinking cheep because i already have the fixture for the four footers and the bulbs are only $7 a each...but i guess i get what i pay for lol...thank you for the insight

9. They will grow lanky though for veg past a seedling

10. yeah i feel your pain on the $ side, the 4ft tube will grow for you but for just like ten bucks more, go with the cfls even if you only by two sockets an two splitters thats 4 cfls an if you get cfls with higher watts even better, ive also seen people get 4 cfls on one socket, and you can achieve this for under 25-30 bucks

11. Cool ill start looking for some ...thanks man

12. I'm broke also and I have cfls for my veg and a 600 hps for flower. Go to HD or Lowes and get a small clip light or 2 and ask for the v spliter to make 1 light 2 lights . Look in the DIY section here or for videos on youtube they show you a real easy hood to make also lights and DIY hood cost me about 20 bucks. Also I'd get extra v light spliters while your there you'll find yourself scrounging all your lamps and such for extra lighting. lol. Good luck hope this helps.

13. Im using 4 40 w flourescent lights for veg an the growth is good along with my nutrients you should do good with that my friend