2 drawer file cabinet - help!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by dirtyglove, May 8, 2012.

1. Cut out everything from the top drawer except the track part...even the back of the drawer...that way you can slide the drawer out and reach your plants and water them freely and stuff:)

2. [quote name='"ImBurnt"']Cut out everything from the top drawer except the track part...even the back of the drawer...that way you can slide the drawer out and reach your plants and water them freely and stuff:)[/quote]

Ohh i see soo jus the face and side frames are left? The bottom and back are all thats coming out?

3. [quote name='"dirtyglove"']

Ohh i see soo jus the face and side frames are left? The bottom and back are all thats coming out?[/quote]

Yup:) and you can do same with bottom or not, whatever you prefer.

But whatever you do, I don't suggest leaving ANY back to your top drawer on, or else you will give your pretty flowers a harsh haircut every time you open your drawers. Lol#

4. [quote name='"ImBurnt"']

Yup:) and you can do same with bottom or not, whatever you prefer.

But whatever you do, I don't suggest leaving ANY back to your top drawer on, or else you will give your pretty flowers a harsh haircut every time you open your drawers. Lol#[/quote]

Lol yeah i honostly am gnna do it to the bottom as well the cab doesnt have a bottom after the drawers so its jus my rooms wood floor. I might put both of the bottoms on the floor until i figure whats a good way to make everything enclosed and not having my wood floor exposed on the inside

5. Cardboard+ glue gun. Have fun.

6. [quote name='"ImBurnt"']Cardboard+ glue gun. Have fun.[/quote]

Im afraid the cardboard will mold if i do that.. Wat about glue gun the ottoms from drawers to back of frame/screw it into base?

7. [quote name='"dirtyglove"']

Im afraid the cardboard will mold if i do that.. Wat about glue gun the ottoms from drawers to back of frame/screw it into base?[/quote]

Good idea. I would drill some screws through bottom (like inch off bottom), 4 screws, 1 on each side. Drop the metal sheet in from the inside. Instant floor, secure it with glue gun so it doesn't move around. But the screws will hold it also.

8. im yet again trying to picture what u described.. instead of taking the two pieces directly to the back and drilling them from behind into the bottom im drilling(from the back) 4 screw so they pretrude out an inch so the cab will be off the ground an inch? then from the inside placing the sheets in? then wont there be 1 inch of gap allt he way around?:rolleyes:

(you can tell someone doesn build much..lol)

9. Ummm, just go crazy with the glue gun bro, you'll figure it out.

10. #30 dirtyglove, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
    lmfao affirmative! thanks bud :wave:

got alot of preparations to make next week or so. will be making to do list on here and keeping everyone in the loop especially because ive had a FEW good ppl to talk with on here as well on rollitup.. :))

waiting for a few more msgs and responses between both sites but till further notice..
    -------------------------------------------------
    tomarrow:

cut bottoms/back pieces outta both drawers

2. attempt/configure solid bottom foundation to cab using scrap pieces from both drawers

Until im more certain with the rest of the setup thats as far as im going, not even gonna mylar yet as thats the least of my worries :wall:

Tasks/Answers needed still
    :

1. definite idea or total of pc fans + their setup in the cab
    2. setup between fans - fan controllers - a/c filter - maybe thermostat?
    3. power supply/source of everything inside the cab

to everyone that has helped so far thankyou! all the messages and responses to my thread are appreciated.. also for bearing with me as i can be quite a hastle and nuisance sometimes with my questions of uncertainty.. i just cant wait to grow!

11. If you truly want to get high tech, buy a small PC power supply and wire it all to a AC converter and regulator....but to be honest, its so much easier just to buy an ordinary plug strip and mount it on the roof of your cab...then buy some of those lightbulb mounts that covert to standard 2 prong outlet, and there's instant power. Alsooo, for fans - cell phone chargers work awesomeee, look on back of them read how many volts , and match up with your fans(then plug then into that plug strip from earlier). :D

12. I would use probably 2 of the larger pc fans for exhaust...which you'll also need to filter. You could build a kinda filter box that hold the filter, then blow the fans into it. I like to use smaller fans with the pencil holder filters cuz they fit better and I can mount them directly together.

If yer gonna mount everything inside it's best to mount it up top so that it never gets wet and is outta the way. I usually build a little electric box inside that contains the timer and powerstrip and filter box and stuff.

For intakes just make them passive (without a fan) but about twice the size of the exhaust...and the intake will need to be lightproofed as well. I build my own lighttraps out of angled pieces and glue them together...I have a few pics in my thread of the process.

13. [quote name='"Bongsauce"']I would use probably 2 of the larger pc fans for exhaust...which you'll also need to filter. You could build a kinda filter box that hold the filter, then blow the fans into it. I like to use smaller fans with the pencil holder filters cuz they fit better and I can mount them directly together.

If yer gonna mount everything inside it's best to mount it up top so that it never gets wet and is outta the way. I usually build a little electric box inside that contains the timer and powerstrip and filter box and stuff.

For intakes just make them passive (without a fan) but about twice the size of the exhaust...and the intake will need to be lightproofed as well. I build my own lighttraps out of angled pieces and glue them together...I have a few pics in my thread of the process.[/quote]

Did you even bother to include a carbon filter on your passive intakes?

14. no not a carbon filter...carbon filter only on the exhaust.

I've found it's important to use some kinda screen/pantyhose or polyfill on the intake though so that you filter out some of the incoming dust before it hits the plants/carbon filter.... if you don't 'prefilter' , the dust going into the carbon filter will reduce it's effectiveness quite quickly.

15. [quote name='"Bongsauce"']no not a carbon filter...carbon filter only on the exhaust.

I've found it's important to use some kinda screen/pantyhose or polyfill on the intake though so that you filter out some of the incoming dust before it hits the plants/carbon filter.... if you don't 'prefilter' , the dust going into the carbon filter will reduce it's effectiveness quite quickly.[/quote]

Yeah I've heard...I can't wait to go pick up a pair of pantyhose...

16. lol...I know what ya mean. You can say they're for straining paint :) ..I don't say anything, I just act all nervous and let em wonder. bet you could find em at the dollar store too if ya have one.

17. [quote name='"Bongsauce"']lol...I know what ya mean. You can say they're for straining paint :) ..I don't say anything, I just act all nervous and let em wonder. bet you could find em at the dollar store too if ya have one.[/quote]

Aight. for the exaust fans, do you put the carbon filters on the inside so the grow box is still normal looking on the outside? A stealth PC box has its purpose defeated when there are 2 giant ass carbon filters sticking out of the back of it...lol

18. #38 dirtyglove, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
    honostly thats prolly what im gonna do... how much can those power strips take? if i have 1 200w envirolite grow light, then 2 120'mm exhaust fans, and a fan controller? should i use 2-3 inside the cab or is that unnesicary? i just dont wanna overload the strip

only reason i thought small pc supply was better was the chances of overloading or shorting/fires were smaller.. i wanna be safe for sure soo if its better to have pc supply i will..?

19. so 2 120mm exhausts but u have the a/c filter still inside the cab? i dont want it pretuding out if i can help it.. would u put these exhausts at the top seeing heat rises? im also building a plexiglass seperator between the very bottom of the grow light and and the rest of the cab below.. so maybe i could put 1 120mm fan for the light "chamber" then another 120mm about in the middle of the cab far back(around the top/middle of the plants) then

for passive intakes u said they need to be 2x the size? and those are just wholes in the cab? id put those lower i assume near the bottom of the cab..ill put one on the left and one on the right side because i dont want anything on the face.. yeah ill also look at ur light trap how to as well because panda plastic jobbing isnt cutting it lol

also ur electrical box ill def be lookn through to see how u have it set up..

thanks boss!

20. my thoughts exactly! lol