2 different auto flower strains

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by valerien, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Hello All,

I'm having Auto Blue Him and an Auto Lowryder2xak47 arrive. they will arrive 1-2 business days apart.

my current thoughts for a plan are to start germing a blue him the second it arrives and the same with a lowryder as soon as that arrives. My current grow setup supports 2 girls.

can I do this and just put them both to 20/4 for their entire lives? and because they will be both 20/4 for life, there won't be an issue with me germing these a few days apart... right?

orig seeds purchased (non feminized :-( pic1
    2nd seed purchase and my planned first plant unless I go one of each: pic2

thank you in advance for any advice.

2. Yea you can do that.....
    Being's auto's do not need light to finish I might change the 20/4 cycke after a week to 24/24. Theory is that auto's will start flowering in about three weeks of their life and the xtra 4 hours of light mean' possibly more bud sites and a tad larger plant.....;)

3. so autos don't need to 'rest' at all to use up all the nutrients they've absorbed etc?? ive read it also helps with resin production.

4. Id just stick to 20/4. Give your plant some type of rest

5. I've grown Easy Ryder and harvested it recently actually. It's still curing.

I did 24/0 through the whole grow until the last 2 weeks, then I went 20/4. I also did 3 days of darkness to make the buds frostier.

I yielded a 1/2 pound from one plant in a hempy bucket.

The link to the grow is in my signature if you wanna check it out.

6. you did that 72 hours prior to harvest, right? Not prior to switching to 20/4

looking for more feedback regarding autos in 24/0 20/4 sequences, when you changes lighting sequences, and what your yield was.

7. I went 24/0 (the whole grow) >> 20/4 (last 2 weeks) >> 0/24 (last 3 days) = 1/2 LB of dry buds from one Easy Ryder.

The whole grow took 73 days from seed, but you can let Easy Ryder go on for probably 90.

I lost 3 oz's and a 1/4 to mold during the curing process though :rolleyes:.