2 Day Water Fast

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by FindingTim, Oct 10, 2010.

1. After binge eating yesterday, I continued today with

Potato, broccoli, mushroom, tofu, cheese, scramble 1300 calories (at least)
    Planters honey roasted peanuts- 600 calories
    Annie's cinnamon bears- 900 calories
    Drumstick- 300 calories
    2 corn tortilas- 220 calories

I am a thin guy, but I just feel nasty. A quick Google search shows positive results from a 2 day water fast, which I plan to start tomorrow.

Do any of you have experiences or recommendations pertaining to fasting? Anything would be helpful.

cheers,
    Tim

2. I'm curious what it is you are trying to achieve by fasting....I couldn't imagine going more than 1/2 a day without consuming actual food.

3. Why are you fasting?

4. Are you maintaining a low weight while binging and not vomiting (purging). :confused:If so, you may wish to consult your physician.

If you are binging, purging and, now, starving, you may also wish to consult your physician.

Thinner - The Male Battle With Anorexia - NYTimes.com

5. Dude.... I 'fast' on liquids all the time. I'll go sometimes almost a week without eating any solid food. Yogurts and shit is all, milk, orange juice, and lots of water. I don't know why either. I never want to eat.

6. But like why?? :confused:

7. If one already has a poor/unlhealthy/whterv diet you wanna say then such a binge on such food wouldn't effect one, as it is i kno what u mean cus ill get that when i wake up after a evenin of chip muchin on muktiple bags.

i was on a water/liquid fast for a lil over a day , durin which i went snowboardin and that day i drank a 'power' drink, prolly powaerade n i ended that 'water srtike' that day with some munchies after an L. i felt alright on the 'strike' n enjoyed a day of snowboarding, my blunt theoughout the day was my only meal up until trhat muchout post-snowboadrin, fasting would do good to many ppl if practiced sparingly like once a month...ya digz!?!

8. fasting is a generally bad idea that throws the body's natural metabolism off and causes you to retain as much energy as possible. meaning youre just gonna get fat. if you dont want to eat like that op then just stop, its called self control. also water has no nutrients, you need to put some nutrients into your body that will contribute in some way to maintaining homeostasis.

and after counting the calories you listed, thats actually a fairly reasonable amount if youre trying to gain a bit of weight.

i dont see a point to what youre planning on doing to yourself. sorry to be blunt but its kind of a stupid idea.

9. i dont see any benefits.
    unless youre training to be jesus.
    in which you need to go 40 days.
    so, step up your game a bit.

10. why is this is seasoned tokers?

11. Smoke a couple bowls doesn't matter what kind of weed and I guarantee you, you'll want to eat.

12. I'm just gonna be straight with you, this really sounds like your developing an eating disorder.

Your already thin, yet you count calories and plan on fasting for 2 days because you went a little over your daily calorie recommendation which makes you feel nasty.

I had a girlfriend for 3 years who struggled with both bulimia and anorexia and you kinda sound like her.

just don't take it too far. smoke some weed and relax. drastic changes in your eating will mess with your metabolism, and really isn't the most effective way to lost weight.

13. Calling it a "water fast" is really annoying me. Are you going to consume only water for two days or no water for two days? "Water fast" sounds like you're giving up water which in turn sounds absolutely fucking retarded and impossible.

14. A water fast, is when you only consume water. Opposed to a juice fast, where you consume fruit/vegetable juices as well. Fasting can actually be very healthy for some people. By not consuming solids, your body doesnt use energy to break down foods, and focuses on other things, ultimately improving your health.

15. Haha I was thinking the same thing and said 'the fucks this fool trying to do?

But fasting is very healthy, if used right it can help your bodys metabolism and improve your health. I sometimes fast as a workout/diet plan. Fasting atleast 48 hrs a month.

16. Fasting is primarily the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time.

Eat shit.

17. The knowledge of health in the world is so sad:( Fasting can be very beneficial to the body. It can help heal and detoxify your body. Digestion takes alot of energy away so when you remove that process your body can focus on other tasks.

Generally its much better to eat raw foods before a fast so the detox period will not be as strong. Fasts are great ways to test your self discipline. I say good luck and have fun!

18. someone needs to show me the evidence before i believe fasting is in any way beneficial, and not just negligibly so, it has to be a decent sized effect.
    if i can see the evidence i will concede, but for now i refuse to believe that fasting is better than a healthy diet.

a healthy diet will let your body work correctly without having to "test your self discipline" by not eating. you can test your self discipline by eating healthy anyways because trust me, its very difficult to maintain precise control over ones food intake.
    i dont see how your body concentrates on other things better either. the human body is precision piece of biochemical machinery that is designed to withstand enormous stresses and accomplish amazing actions that are incomparable to just about every other life-form we know of. to do this it needs food. interfering with that process is a bad idea, but controlling it can be beneficial both physically and mentally.

and no fasting slows your body's metabolism to a dead crawl, making you save every calorie you can. that includes every molecule of carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins, all of which can and will be turned into fat deposits on the body.

sorry its kind of a rant, but physical health is kind of a big deal to me haha :devious:

19. Religious fasting person...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Y9lo5W6SY]YouTube - Day 38 of Third 40 day fast - PART TWO - 121 total fasting days - TWO DAYS UNTIL FASTS END[/ame]

20. Dude, maybe its PHX cause I wasn't eating a lot for a month straight, I just started eating again. I'm so glad.