2 day old plant and already leaves curling... HELP!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Purp-eHaze, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Hello,

I'm running a bubble bucket right now with one plant that is about 2 days old from seed.

Right now the plant has its first leaves but they seem to be curling pretty bad. I was hoping someone could tell me why they are curling. Also the plant is dark green. I thought it might be over watering, but can that happen in a bubble bucket?

I have her on 24/0 lighting with 80watts of cfl light about 3-4 inches away. PH is 5.5ish

Please i need help.

THanks!!

2. If the plant is 2days old why have you put it in the bubble bucket? Are u using rockwool?

3. pictures would help give us a clue as to what the problem could be.

4. Yes i'm using rockwool and i cant get a picture.

I germinated the seed and put it in the rockwool, once it sprouted from the rockwool i just put it in the bubble bucket.

The plant looks fine but the leaves are just dark green and curling.

Any other questions?

5. I'd say the same thing. It's too early to have it in the bubble bucket... just let it grow in whatever you got it started in for now.

6. Ok i turned off the air pump and am just going to let it sit in the bubble bucket. Is this ok? I shouldn't have to take it out of the bucket right?

7. did you soak the rockwool in the ph calibrated water? I forget what ph they direct you to use but its acidic, I know that. If you aren't sure type it into google an you'll find it in a sec.

The dark green leaves sounds fine but the curling doesn't. What are the temps in the room?

8. 75-85 degrees under the light 30% humidity.

I did soak the rockwool first although it was my first time and i'm not sure if i did it correctly, I soaked for 30 mins in 5.5 ph water.

9. have you added nute to the water solution, if so the curl could be from bein burned. You don't need to add nutes for about a week and then start very slow cuz young plants are sensitive to overfertilizing.

10. no nutes i'm still waiting for my foxfarm in the mail.

Could the PH be the problem of the curl?

Or it being in the bubble bucket to early ?

11. ph could very well be the prob. While it may have been a lil early to put the plant in the bucket, that shouldn't cause curling of the leaves. I say ph was the issu

12. I just took a ph sample and it is at 5-6ph so i'm going to keep the buckets air pump on and see how it goes.

13. They recommend soaking the rockwool in 5.5 Ph water for 24 hours prior to use. I would let the plant sit under some CFLs for a week or two until it gets a couple of sets of leaves and then stick it in the bucket. The leaf curl is probably Ph related, since your temps are good, and no nutes have been added yet.

14. wait wait wait..

2 days old? so are these it's first set of leaves?..

if so, stop worrying, they curl, they eventually will prolly die, it doesnt matter, as long as it continues to grow.