2 blueberry

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Indicasuupreeme, Dec 16, 2017.

1. 2 blueberrys fem. in a 2x2.5x6
    5 gallon smart pots
    Coco Coir/perlite mix
    GH Flora trio nutes
    Cal Mag
    marshydro 300, 150w Ufo, 86w massive cfl
    4” inline fan to the attic
    inside of a closet, so the door is closed, 2” gap underneath of door for passive intake
    Sound good?
    Seeds germinating now

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If you're growing normal non autos, you're going to need to seal that gap. The smallest light leak can cause havoc on plants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. How so?

4. The tiniest light leak can cause stress to the plant, interrupt the light cycle, cause Hermes and more. It's safer to grow autos if you can't seal them completely. Even the small red light from a humidifier can cause adverse reactions like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Your setup sounds fine...I wouldn't worry too much about a little reflected light slipping under the door... It takes more direct light , and stronger light , than most folks think, to really cause problems during the dark period, and you need that air coming in, anyway.
    I 've been raising Blueberry for 3 or 4 runs now, and I cannot ever get the blue coloration , but get plenty of the blueberry aroma....I would love to here if yours get blue, like they're supposed too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. What kind of yields do you normally get?

7. On last round, it was 24 oz from 9 plants...6 of those were scrogged, and 3 were not....but an average of around 2.7 oz. per plant on that batch ( the scrogged ones produced twice as much each as the tall,skinny ones did )

8. So how much you think I would get if everything done right? topped with scrog

9. I hope your BB's are better than mine were (BC Early BB). The were difficult, hated nutes and training was a bear..she had dense coarse leaves and only yielded 1 ounce of dried bud. Her stable mate, a Gorilla Wreck#4 produced over 4 ounces..BB smoke is great..growing it, not so much imo.

10. There are some general 'rule -of -thumb' formulas now , that many people use to 'guesstimate' that...
    Add up your ACTUAL wattage of all your lights combined ( not rated watts, but Actual wattage consumed by them )
    Divide that by your sq. footage... so, 5 sq feet in your grow, right?
    That'll give you the watts per sq foot that your dealing with.( the more, the merrier)
    If you can get 1 gram of bud per watt of light you have, You're doing pretty darn good.
    Let's say you have 50 watts per sq foot , that would equate to 250 grams, so approx 9 oz from 2 plants could be possible, IF everything goes right. But dont hold me to any of that, cause it's all theory, and totally unpredictable.

11. Awesome, so I just messed up my germination on the 2 blueberrys and only have one left, do you think a cookie kush in the same space with a blueberry would be fine? Affect yield?

12. No problem...Just keep em trained to the same height, and prolly get the same yield.

13. alright bet, aye man how many times you grown?

14. Just one...J/K.....prolly around 12 ,maybe 14, not sure.

15. So your pretty seasoned, what do you do for training? max yield on 2 plants?

16. I've decided that scrogging produces the most, and I rigged up an easy way to do that on mine.
    Just 4 garden stakes supporting a metal screen over each plant, then adjust the height of the screen ,as necessary
    DSCN0140.JPG DSCN0234.JPG .

17. whats the size of the screen?

18. I think mine is about 14" square, but you can make it whatever size fits your space. Just cut some fence wire panels to fit in there.You could make it one piece if you want to, to fit over both plants, but I prefer separate ones on each pot.

19. do you think the 5 sq. ft is enough for these two plants? I dont want to veg for too long thats why I chose to do 2 to fill out the scrog