2 arrested in underground grow house raid

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by bacchus, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Oh, shit. Too bad they were caught with coke, too. Barely mentioned in the article ...

I want to know what strains they were growing to be considered "high-grade". It made the total cost rise, seriously?

2. pretty cool growing place.. madd plants.

3. haha... that setup is off the hook!!!! Pineapple express style.

To bad they got busted and the cocaine thing just ads more shit to the pile.

4. They said "Agents seized 193 plants valued at $868,500"

So Each plant was worth $4500

5. This number is always GREATLY exaggerated. They assume the plants would have reached outdoor potential of atleast a pound. And they never consider wholesale value. Only street value for an 8th. Its stupid. If you got 200 plants that produced 1 oz ( which is minimum for indoor IMO) it would only be 12.5 pounds, or around 52,000 bucks. Even if you got a big ass indoor yield of a qp a plant, its still only 208,000 bucks. Like I said, cops are fucking stupid.

6. Yes but the way they do it they dont go by weight prices I believe
    I beleive they go by like gram price times whatever which tremendosly raises the amount

7. they include the value of the property, lights, etc.

8. Nope. Says the seized plants have an estimated street value of over $800,000. Doesnt say anything about property value. What about people who rent? Saw a bust that was about 150 plants indoor estimated at about the same as this one. They go by low as amounts like an 8th at street value and just multiply from there.

9. there just trying to make it sound worse than it is... I mean if it was really said to be worth 50,000 no one would really care that much