2 and a half week old seedling

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Avery Lawrence, May 24, 2018.

1. Hi, I have a seedling that is on it's 2nd and a half week. Sprouted quite quickly. But I was wondering if the material I have would be good enough to jumpstart it and get it big enough to go outside. I was originally gonna keep it outside the whole time but it's stem got kinda skinny and I heard that it can be damaged so wasn't taking any risks so it's inside until it gets a bit bigger. So the material I have is Miracle Gro All purpose plant food. I have 2 T12 40 watt fluorescent lights, 2 10.5 fluorescent bulbs and a nice fan. Also have some peat moss and some regular gardening soil mixed in together. Would this be enough to at least get something growing?

Attached Files:

2. It looks like it needs more light and honestly might do better outside in the direct light. If it stretches too much, you can replant it deeper. MG has been used for years and years and a lot of people swear by it. Don't let others deter you from using what you want to use. Like it said's it's all-purpose so be gentle. Unless you can give it good indoor light, I'd put it outside in the sun.

3. Yes may as well move it outside. I live in Michigan so it's been a little crappy out but supposed to be nice bright and sunny this whole next week! And added a little bit more soil on it's first week. The stem was all funky looking was kinda curly so added more soil and put it in more light and Bam straightened out. Just curious what type of light do you suggest? I've been hearing about all these different types of light and they cost so much! Anything you'd suggest getting?

4. You can get good growth from CFL's at first and they are super cheap. Read this it will help...Cannabis Grow Light Breakdown: Heat, Cost & Yields | Grow Weed Easy

5. I live close to you and here is my 2 week outdoor WP_20180523_001.jpg seedlings. It's been rainy and cloudy every day for the last few weeks so it's expected to be growing kinda slow. we just gotta hope for some nice sunny days

6. Nice seedlings! Hoping :) should I just leaving it outside? Only took it in because the stem was so skinny was afraid of it being damaged. And can I protect it from being overwatered?

7. do you have a grow light? a light inside is probably your best bet versus the unpredictable weather.. the wind outside helps strengthen the stem, which can be replicated inside with a fan on low setting.. if you dont have a light inside then id put it outside, it wont get enough on the window ledge.

8. Don't exactly have a "grow light" but I do have 2 40 watt fluorescent lights 8000 lumens total. I've had it outside weather got bad took it in out it under the two fluorescents. And have been putting the fan on very low to simulate the wind. Just started doing that about a week ago. I am however not keeping it inside and plan on putting it outside as soon as it gets a bit stronger. The strain is GG4 btw if wondering. Was a pretty tiny seed..

9. I would highly recommend spending a few dollars and getting a decent grow light. Sure you can always use house hold light bulbs such as cfls. But for the amount of electricity you’re going to use to power them,quite frankly they just aren’t worth it..buying a quality grow light will do wonders for you.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076QDKVDZ/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

This light will pay for its self after one grow...
    It will make you’re GG#4 explode in growth. I promise you won’t be disappointed

Good luck with your grow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. A tip for the future, when you plant seeds only fill your seed starting pot 3/4 full so when it stretches like that you can top it up.. even if it doesnt stretch i always bury it almost to the cotyledons ( maybe wrong spelling lol) for stability

11. Good tip that I could have used a month ago, haha.

12. Lol thanks and already started doing so when I noticed it was stretching. Thank you all :)

13. yeah i've heard a lot of people say if it gets knocked over or is super flimsy to bury it up to just under the cotyledon and youll also get a thicker stem. I did this for a plant I accidentally crushed lol..

14. I've buried it to add support, just the pot I was in at the time was pretty much filled to the top so I had to kind of make a mound around the base lol. It works, just have to leave room in the pot for it

15. Your plants are awfully close together.. did you amend the soil?

16. i literally just threw them there in the woods without even germinating and it grew hahaha no wonder they call it weed... it inspired me to germinate and plant some in some pots with potting soil .. just some bagseeds, never grown before. about 40 latitude. it's been rainy and cloudy so slow grow so far, but they're doing ok i think WP_20180523_007.jpg WP_20180524_003.jpg

17. Nice. That's how I got started growing years ago. Good luck with your plants!

18. First time: Grow Journal If you want to follow along here is my journal

• Like Like x 1
  19. My plant is doing much better now! Thanks for the help guys!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1