2,800-year-old mummy found with a huge sack of weed

Discussion in 'General' started by nagchampa86, Dec 27, 2006.

1. You gotta love it.... :smoking: :smoking:

2. thats how i wanna be found!

3. yeah I saw that a few days ago. The only thing that pisses me off is that they state he must be a shaman, indicating that marijuana is not for everybody, but that you must hold an elevated status or be learned to use it. They didn't give any other evidence to why they made the conclusion of his profession. I would think that everyone would be allowed cannabis in ancient cultures. These kinds of findings just help those who want to cite that there in nothing wrong with prohibiting the usage of the plant.

or maybe i'm reading too much into the bias, but i don't think so.

4. Pssh; smoking leaves? tut tut.

I thought that all the good buds were around in 800 B.C.?

5. you tellin me u could tell the difference between bud and leaves after 3,000 years of decomposition and whatever else?

6. yeah it must have been a shaman...only a shaman would have carried cannabis back then, right? us drug abusers are only a recent plague of violence upon society. ;) :smoking:

7. I used to work with a Lakota Shaman...am I still an animal if I smoke Marijuana?

8. Hmmm, I'd like to smoke his sack and see if it got me high - see what they were tokin in the ancient times :D I'm sure it wouldn't do anything, but I'd still go for it just to see :p

9. I'm still waiting for them to find a 2800 year old nug jar sealed airtight.

10. 800 BC We were shamans.

Now we're potheads.

11. What if the whole perpose of life is to smoke weed free lance and therorize and evolve, and some gready bastard in America went HHHHMMMMMMMMM..... and now we are all fat and lazy, eating McDonalds while typing on a computer.

If the whole world smoked pot, and didn't have such a scewed perception, America (well, my government) would never get away with the shit they do sometimes (meaning nobody in the country wants to stand up because they are told how to think). They took away our creativity damn it. We're mindless slaves without our bud :p

12. Or maybe the contrary... maybe the reason we've turned around so fast is beacuse our ancestors have been tokin it up since B fuckin C!!!

We all imagine the guy who tells everyone the world is round is the guy who smoked, but what if it was the opposite, lol. "Heeeyyyy Columbus... the worlds FLAT maaaaaaaaan...... your gonna fall off dude!"

13. No, I'm sure I couldn't; I was merely making a joke.

14. 2,800-year-old mummy found with a huge sack of weed...

...police dicovered the marijuana during an early-morning drug raid at a local crypt.
    "This is very disturbing," stated police chief Steven Zimmerman "marijuana use is spreading from hippies and teenagers to previously innocent, law abiding mummies."
    Some local residents expressed shock and outrage at this "loss of innocence" among the deceased community. Police officer Tom Whittaker was quoted as saying:
    "it's a damn shame when mummies like this one, with bright promising futures fall in with the wrong crowd. It's such a waste of potential."
    The mummy was released on bail, and its arraignment is set for tuesday.

hahaha i'm so high

15. Nah, just think if they had found a peasant buried with the sack. Would they call him a Shaman? It ws clearly based on the location and the clothes he was wearing.

16. Hmm.. they found the marijuana, but no smoking device, I wonder how they used weed back then.

I wanna die with some bud too :p

17. so was I...

18. So they had to be at "elevated" status to use it... fucking interesting as hell...

You can't smoke that joint, your not the president! :p