2 600w mh/hps

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by edwin11023, Aug 2, 2013.

1. for 20-30 plants?

2. 600w HPS is the best lumen per watt you can currently get, tempting to go the !kw route, but see the bill at the months end....will curl your toes, 400w HPS is good for kiddies in mom's closet, and cfl's are the tool for under 18's

The standard 600w has a footprint of 1 m2 or 1 square yard or 3'x3' which growers stick 9 plants in 3 gallon pots to a height of 3 ft in 3 months, in comfort, this is the cantonment (area of definition) for growing with 600w HPS

I got 6 of these that go well

http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Dimmable-Hydroponic-Reflector-Pressure/dp/B004L3AQ1U/ref=pd_sbs_lg_2

3. how long have u been running those lights? sounds cheap was gonna buy some 250 and up . do they do the trick :D

4. I'm very happy, tho was one guy on GC here who got one and it was pre owned, as in used, but all mine in new unused condition and very happy too, about 2 weeks ago should be here in lights sumplace?

5. he has some cool tubes. idk which to get and good price.

6. I run iPower 600w bulbs/ballasts now.  (same as Apollo/Quantum, just labelled differently) and they're great!  You can get a rig off ebay for $145, including bulbs, ballast, and reflector.  I would suggest checking there before ordering the one you linked to. 

7. I heard the same, my only concern was some radio interference may be caused by these new fangle ballast's .....none tho and I'm happy

8. im wondering what you and originial past are talking about? rigs

9. A cool tube you can hook a fan up to and pull most the heat away allowing your plants to be closer to the light without burning.

I highly recommend a cool tube or an air cooled hood.

A cool tube is a tube of glass where as an air cooled one is just a big boxy reflector with a glass panel between the bulb and plants.

10. i was thinking of going with the cooltube, but the wing reflector in the link is a fukin deal too

I've read about the RF problem, with the older iPower ballasts.  The latest models don't have any such issue.   I probably have a better understanding about electromagenetic energy than the average bear, and I can tell you that there is no such issue with the current iPower ballasts.