2.5x4.5x9.5 Closet...which light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ruzz, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Hi everyone, so this is my first real grow, ive messed around with seeds and actually grew a little tree just off the one fluoro in my closet,...but it was too small so i disposed of it knowing not much would come out of it. Anyway the issue Ive got now is I want to start a grow im just not sure which light I want to get. Initially i was going to do cfl's but i made some money so my eyes are on the prize...HID's :devious: I really just don't know which watt light i should get. my closets 2.5ft x 4.5ft x 9.5ft. I wanted a 600w, but i really just don't know if that'll be possible because other than oscillating fans, im not really going to be capable of running any air ducts or anything of that sort. And I've read so many other post about cool tubes and what not and Im honestly just not sure how effective these cool tubes are, plus they say you lose a little light which wouldn't really be an issue for me cuz hell if im going to go with a 600w im gettin more lumens than a 400w even with a cool tube. So if anyone could help me out with this I'd greatly appreciate it. I just want the best yield out of my plants so the more light the better, just not tryna burn the house down:smoke:

2. 400 watt mh/hps cooltube switchable..magnetic ballest..check htg supply:smoke:

3. Just out of curiosity deacon, why a magnetic ballast. Aren't digital ballasts where its at??

4. ...and how are the ballast/light kits from ebay? Would it be worth buying from ebay or should i go with a well known brand?

5. I'm sure he meant digital..

If you cool in properly, you could run a 1K system in there

6. my bad..too much bho:p..digital ballest..i got that exact light from htg supply for 206 with ship..love it..1 light ...whole grow..their on ebay...good customer service..fast ship...ebay is good but buy from repped dealers;)

7. Thanks for the help. Think I'll have to pass on that 1k light setup idea though lol. Really do appreciate the guidance, looking forward to bein on this forum

8. with that height ya could run a 600:smoke:..it all depends how hardcore ya get..if ya think growins in your future for sure 600....if your testin the waters..400 is fine..i run 2..:smoke:

9. I definitely plan on continuing growing which is why i was kinda skeptical on going with the 400w if I didn't have to. So your sayin a 600w with a cool tube, no air ducts,and just a couple a fans would work with out extreme heat since ive got a high enough ceiling?

10. 600 watt works wonders. i run a cool tube in my closet.

11. ^^^your closet looks quite similar to mine, what temps did you have throughout your grow and how far away did you keep your 600w? Glad you commented my post

12. 80f max(day), 73f 74f min(night). my only complaint of the closet is the fact that there is some serious lack of room to manuver the plants around. i probably could have done some lst. but i feel i did well. i should have done sightly over a lb off 3 plants. pretty disapointed in the AN vs GH i did. there was quite a boost in trichs but weight and bud density where almost identical. im curing right now. have yet to sample.

13. 600w with adjustable ballast and cooltube...cheap on ebay with 5 yr warranty

14. #14 Ruzz, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
    ^^link please, cant seem to find it...atleast not an adjustable with a cool tube

15. im actually going to switch out to a tent and a melon head. the cool tube reflects light unbelievably pore.

16. :hello:Thats what I was lookin for:hello: