2 1/2 week old plants with P deficiency

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Titans, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Hi guys this is my first grow. Both plants are around 2 1/2 weeks old and showing major phosphorus deficiancy. What can I use to bounce this phosphorus up quickly.
    Some things on hand currently:
    Bone meal (slow release anyway to speed this up)
    Kelp meal
    Lime
    Azomite
    Earth worm castings

Can any of these help by adding into a tea or a topdress to help my girls out?
    I've started them in Fox Farms Happy frog. My plants aren't so happy :cautious: Glad the frogs are.... <_<

2. Pictures?
    It would amaze me if your 2.5 wk old seedlings had any deficiency ..The Happy Frog + the starter leaves have about 30days worth of food for the young plant's needs..I wouldn't be adding ANYTHING FOR A WHILE!
    Wonder if they got nute burn..your pictures will help as others chime in..:)

Anything here look familiar?
    Nute Problems.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 1496622144849240345768.jpg The first plant. Black D.O.G 14966222838121461651322.jpg Signs are only in the very first true leaves. Red/ purple stems and the leaf with the most is very crispy and almost brittle

14966221620971882218374.jpg Dreamberry Auto

4. Yes I haven't added a single thing except plain water.

5. Looks more like cal/mag def..are you using tap water..what is the ph?
    I use RO water and have to add cal-mag every other watering..

6. I do not use tap water I instead use filtered water though my fridge to feed my plants. How would I go about introducing Calcium or Magnesium?

7. That looks like phos to me. Probably related to pH
    I say this because of the purlping stems and leaves and general look of sickness.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Just tested the soil. Ph is high :mellow:. Soil ph not too sure how to lower it and keep 'er at a steady level.

9. Again, How high..soil grows like PH between 6.2-6.8 imho..
    HH has more experience than I do..Listen to him..:)

10. If it is high, I would cut it with straight peat to bring it down. Most peat is around 4.5-5.5 pH

11. I would assume you were above 7.3 or around there. I think I need to know more about your soil.

12. 7.5....:( I have some peat I'll try and mix some in and see if maybe it'll fix itself. And just about how much of this peat should I add in without disturbing the root systems all that much

13. Before you do that tell a few things about your soil. Did you make it? What phos inputs? bone meal?

14. #15 Titans, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    No straight up. Fox Farms Happy Frog. I also have a ph tester but little did I know I would need calibration fluid. Is there any possible way it's semi accurate or do I just need to wait until my calibration fluid comes in?

15. When I move my plants to transplant they well have SS in the lower 1/2 with happy frog on the upper to help prevent transplant shock. In the SS I have. Peat, EWC, Perlite, Kelp meal, Blood meal, Bone meal, Garden Lime, Azomite, mixed in potting soil

• Like Like x 1
  16. Calcium binds with phosphate between 7.1 and 7.5 pH and will lock out the phos from being available to the plant.

17. Overwatering and/or improperly balanced RH/temperature can also cause "nutrient deficiencies"...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I am almost certain is a ph water issue due to the fact of my water is 8.5!!!! I have phed water down to a healthy 6.5 and am now waiting for my girls dry out some to feed. Thanks for the extra tips though guys :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. My guess is ph and cal/mag .. but the ph swing will cause those ... also some purple stems are genetic, but those top leaves seem to point to ph like stated above

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app