$2.00 Mylar

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Brooks2741, Feb 12, 2009.

1. I picked up an emergency blanket from Wally World for 2 bucks figuring it would be a cheap alternative to Mylar. It reflects very well but I am concerned about the heat. With 4 26w CFLs and zero ventilation I have a feeling it got very very hot inside my cabinet. My question, will extreme heat cause leaves to droop? They literally went from beauties to deathbed in a matter of hours. I have changed up my technique, now running 18/6 and leaving the doors open during the day with a fan blowing. They are recovering although I seemed to have stopped growth, or at least dramatically slowed it. They are victim to some nutrient burn as well, I got a little too excited with the miracle grow early on. Thanks!

Stay up

2. Yes, heat will make them wilt. Generally there isn't too much heat issues with CFLs and the reflective nature of mylar won't cause heat problems. Sounds like you got it figured out though. Keep a fan on them and keep the door cracked. You will be able to figure out the right ventilation combo to keep them healthy.